My Copyright keeps disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Copyright keeps disappearing

Generally most my photos have kept all the copyright and artist info ect , but just clicked properties on some from a few months back , and it`s gone . How why ? I have not opened these with any other software than I normally do , I really don`t get it . Anyone help , how can I get the info to show again ? Oddly this is only on the raw files , once converted to Jpegs all the copyright info ect shows ?
    Last edited by Lepus; 18-02-2018, 19:08.

Re: My Copyright keeps disappearing

What program/application were you using to try and view the “missing” exif of the raw files?
    It seems strange that the “missing” information isn’t missing after a raw to jpeg conversion. As I understand it the jpg is derived from the data contained within the raw file, so the copyright information must be contained in the raw data. Unless you don’t have your copyright set in the camera and you’re adding it to the file on import to your computer.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Peter , it`s all set in camera . When I right click and select properties , it does not show anything , not even the date I took it , only the date it was modified . Hope I am not being a numpty and you need software to read the info on raw files ?

Comment

Which camera is it? If one of the new models, the computer operating system probably hasn't been updated yet. I can't see the info on raw files from the 200D for that reason.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
          Which camera is it? If one of the new models, the computer operating system probably hasn't been updated yet. I can't see the info on raw files from the 200D for that reason.
          Thanks Richard , It`s not showing for my 7D mk1 or my 5D mk lll , am sure it has shown in the past , but checking the raw files properties is not something I have a need to do very often , it was only that I wanted to see the shooting date that I looked , and it`s not there

Comment

Working...
          X