Buzzard Lift Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzard Lift Off

So hard to get close to these birds , spotted this one on a lamp post and stopped the car some distance away ( big crop ) , put the window down and it stayed put , gently lifted the camera out and rested it on the wing mirror it and it stayed put , however as soon as I slightly leaned out to take a few shots it was gone immediately .

Buzzard ( Buteo buteo ) by Steve Dawes, on Flickr
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: Buzzard Lift Off

And you left the engine running,t.shirt book etc

Comment

Well worth the effort of stopping Steve.
      Colin

Comment

Nice shot Steve -- know the feeling well, I once stopped on the Hard Shoulder of the M5 to do the same and got moved on by the police.

TIP. I always carry in the car a few strips of foam water pipe lagging, the type with a split down its length, you can just slip this over the glass of the window and you got a good support for the camera/lens. Adjust height by putting the window up and down. ---- Forgot, put your hazard lights on
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well captured Steve.
          Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Thanks guys and a great tip from Trev .
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
            X