Ideas for Photography in Dorset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Photography in Dorset

Can anyone give me some ideas of places of interest for Photography in the Dorset area.
    Have a week booked in the Weymouth area in the summer.
    Fingers crossed for the weather.
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Ideas for Photography in Dorset

Durdle Door and Lulworth castle and cove would be high on my list...
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Corfe Castle.
      Swanage Steam Railway.
      Portland.
      Brownsea Island.

Comment

if your into birding there are two RSPB reserves in town .weather is usually good all summer .going the other way from the other suggestions are west bay a harbour hamlet where Broadchurch is/was filmed ,6 miles further on lyme regis and the famous cob ,and a few miles further on again Seaton with its tramway .
        going back the other way you have the tank museum ,monkey world ,and if your into aircraft theres the fleet air arm museum at yeovilton .further afield there poole harbour with its famous pottery shops ,and brownsea island n/r .also Studland bay beach with its views across to the needles and the i.o.w .if your into sea fishing the 18 mile long chesil beach is the place to be

go on book another week you'll need it .

p.s we were in west bay last June and it was 35 degrees all week with no clouds for the whole week .

Comment

Many thanks folks, have been looking at your suggestions on google earth
          Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Most of the best bits are covered, but you might want to consider the Swannery and Tropical Gardens in Abbotsbury and perhaps pop across the border into Wiltshire for Stonehenge and the Hawk Conservancy Trust.
            Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin, Hawk Conservancy Trust sounds good

Comment

Portland Bill could be of interest, Kimmeridge Bay is worth a look - but to get the best you will need to check the tide times. If you don't mind coming further east, then Mudeford Quay and Hengistbury Head just to the east of Christchurch are worth some time. Dorset has a lot of lovely little places which don't necessarily hit the headlines - if you check out the OS maps and look for view points, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Martin
                Last edited by MartinR; 07-03-2018, 11:51. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                X