Life is precious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is precious

Nothing to do with photography, but just wanted everyone to get out & enjoy life.
    At half five this morning “ her indoor “ and myself were taking our son to Edinburgh Airport on the M90. Just overtaking a van on the two lane carriageway when out of the darkness in my lane, coming towards us was an artic hgv, doing 50 mph.
    He had smashed through the central reservation a mile further up the road, had caused a 4 car pile up further up our carriageway & I managed to break very hard get into the near side lane & avoid getting hit by inches. So close, but it does make you appreciate life.

Re: Life is precious

Blimey! That must have got the old ticker going, if not other body parts a bit further south. Glad you're all OK but not so good for the others up the road
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Hells teeth that’s scary David and I’m only reading about it. It must have been horrendous to be in your case.
      I hope the other people prior to your trauma are ok.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

New underwear on its way.

Glad you, Mrs M and son are OK.
        Colin

Comment

Blimey David, I am so glad you are ok, my mate had similar, the wife was navigating and looking at the map when a car hit the central reservation and as he said... In slow motion flipped over the barrier, curved over his car without touching, bounced and landed on the embankment with all still alive, he swore and said did you see that, the wife looked up from the map oblivious to how close they came and said saw what?
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

David - I am pleased to hear that you and yours are still the right side of the turf.

As age creeps up on me I reckon that if I wake up in the morning it is a good day and it is down to me to make the most of it.

I have known more than one person who planned for the long term only to be cut short - carpe diem!
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Glad to hear you guys are OK Dave.
              Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

last time I was in Scotland about 50 years ago virtually the same thing happened to me ,heavy snow ,low visibility and icy conditions .always deadly up there .it was a large van in my case heading towards me in the outside lane of a dual carriageway

Comment

Can relate to this David, having looked death in the eyes on two occasions, details I can't go into. As you say it gives one a lot to think about regarding life. There is only a split second between life and death
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

David was there any follow up as to why the artic/hgv was where it was in the carriageway.
                    Did it come to a halt or continue merrily on its way?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have asked the police Peter, but as we are one big force up here, I cannot get an answer. The lorry had travelled a mile on from where he came through the barrier when he passed me, the next junction was a mile further on & on our return journey I think it was the same lorry parked down off the slipway.

Comment

Flipping heck, close call, glad you are all OK

Paul

Comment

Glad to hear it was a close call and not the other way.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X