Tower Bridge and surrounding area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Bridge and surrounding area

A few from a recent photowalk with a mate in London...

Tower Bridge by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Plane Trees by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

St Paul's Cathedral, London by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

St Paul's Cathedral, London by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

London Bus by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Most were done using a Lee Big Stopper hand held for ICM. Most involved at least four or five and up to eight images merged in PS. Most were also treated/abused in Topaz Impressions, Simplify and Glow. All were subjected to doses of Camera Raw. Most were also painted with various of the new brushes in PS CC, including rakes, sharp lint, cracked earth and various blodgy/splodgy brushes.

CC welcome!

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Tower Bridge and surrounding area

just wonderful art Richard, really like them all although the last one is a bit too abstract for me
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      just wonderful art Richard, really like them all although the last one is a bit too abstract for me
      Thanks Ian - I couldn't not put in at least one very abstract one

Comment

One and 2 definitely, not particularly keen on the next pair and 5 has grown on me as I gradually find the hints of the bus...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Beautiful Richard, 1st 2 belong in an Art Gallery. Well done

Tom

Comment

Having been back here a few times my views are:-
            No 1 the movement has made the buildings tilt a bit much but I like the effect and mix of tones and limited colours
            No 2 not so keen....maybe its the line effects and the very light area in mid image...just not my cup of tea
            No 3 love it...interesting mix of definition in St Pauls surrounded by blur....my eye keeps going to the top of the spire which unfortunately is a tad obscured by the start of the sky blurred area
            No 4 is my favourite....to me its an image of people surging out of the city centre...we know they are on a bridge but can hardly see it - so Im getting the people emerging from the city and not just crossing a bridge.....excellent !!
            No 5 is my second favourite....but I'd like a little more of a clue as to what its derived from....doesn't say London to me ...or city....in fact I can almost see a trawler dropping down the side of a swell in the sea towards a red something in the foreground (can anyone else see that?)....maybe thats the intention and we'll all get something different from it.
            You are providing a lot of ammunition for the 'Photography is Art' argument.....keep 'em coming!
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Wow! Thanks all - a great range of views. That is really nice to see!

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                Credit where credit's due Richard. The first one is an out and out wall hanger for me and the bus reminds me strongly of Turner's 'Rain, Steam & Speed'...

if I tried this I suspect I'd most likely end up with a horrible mess...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                  You are continuing to push the photo into abstract art to great affect! Enjoying seeing these come up on Flicker.
                  Andrew

Comment

Thanks Nigel and Andrew!

Comment

Working...
                    X