My very long AWOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very long AWOL!!!

I think that I've been away for almost two years now. The reasons were open heart surgery, having one testicle removed and non Hodgkins Lymphona.

Thankfully all now appears to be well as I've been discharged from all three clinics/surgeons etc. I only have to return every three months to the blood cancer clinic for check ups.

Uppermost in my thoughts during this time has been the welfare of Nat. I'm almost afraid to ask and I do hope that all is well with him also, please God.

The end result of my absence is that I'm currently between cameras. While I was unwell I got rid of all my 'stuff' and I haven't got around to sorting new 'stuff' out. That's it from me for now but perhaps someone can inform me as to the welfare of Nat, please.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: My very long AWOL!!!

Welcome home and one hopes for a continued recovery to full health for you.

There is no easy way to say this, but Nat left us a scant few months ago, he was one of the true gents of this world and will not be forgotten by any of us on here that he touched with his presence.

You will find more details here

A place to chat with friends about topics non-photographic. Please be aware that the landlord, although busy behind the bar, sees everything. Rowdy, intolerant or abusive customers will be ejected.

A place to chat with friends about topics non-photographic. Please be aware that the landlord, although busy behind the bar, sees everything. Rowdy, intolerant or abusive customers will be ejected.

Last edited by TonyT; 05-03-2018, 20:43.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome back JayJay, prayers for your continuing recovery. As Tony stated above Nat was a true Gent and he is still with us through the photos that he has taken.

Tom

Comment

Hi JayJay, glad to hear you are on the mend and hoping to get back into the swing of things.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome back JayJay.
          Colin

Comment

Welcome back. Sounds like things are looking up after a bad time, long may that be the case.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

May I first thank you all for your kind wishes for myself. I've just had another bit of good news this morning. My recent tests for bowel cancer have come back all clear.

Now the important bit. I was very sad and a little upset at the news of Nat's passing. I had never had the opportunity or pleasure of speaking or meeting him, except through these forums.

I now need to look to get myself some photographic 'stuff', which might take a little while as finances are rather tight, aren't they always? Hopefully, I'll be back with the world's worst 'piccies' soon.
              Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

Comment

Blimey , welcome back JayJay , how brave and strong of you to cope with all that , sorry you not come back to better news , I am sure getting back into photography will be a big plus for you .

Comment

Welcome, I joined after you left, look forward to seeing your shots.
                  Re: Nat, it was very sad, he was a lovely man and is missed on the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Last note about me. Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now, let's get back to normal. Hee! Hee!

Comment

Working...
                    X