Patagonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patagonia

These are old photos from late 2010 taken with a 5D2 when I was brand new to digital having come from a zillion or so years enjoying slide film.
    As a result of fear & ignorance, I limited post-processing to just DPP.
    I recently dug them out of storage & reprocessed a few with recently purchased software.
    They do look better -- However nothing like some of the real gems I've had the pleasure of seeing in this forum

If you have the time & patience I've loaded more photos of this amazing place onto Flickr

1 - Outside The Park, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - 10-25-10 RAW.JPG.CR..CR2._DxO-1 by yrbstern, on Flickr
    5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Re: Patagonia

Not sure if it's the same your end but I'm seeing this with a horrible green colour cast...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Sid:
      Horrible Green -- You say---
      Sounds like I sent you "The dog's breakfast" --- Since I still have both arms I didn't --- Assuming for the sake of pride that the basic photo is "OK"
      I'm betting on it's how it was sent -- Could use your assistance on this --- Via Flickr I sent the file as "5607 x 3738" --- The file I loaded to Flickr was full size @ 19.1 Mb --- Assuming file size sent (5607x3738) is the cause --
      What is a nice safe file size to use --
      THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK !!!
      5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Comment

I can see Peters view it does have a bit of a green cast. As for uploading from Flickr - use a max width size of 800 and you'll be fine, also the download will be quicker
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Re: Patagonia 1.5

2nd go at this posting
          Let me know if the photos look OK
          Thanks
          1 - Outside The Park, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - 10-25-10 RAW.JPG.CR..CR2._DxO-1 by yrbstern, on Flickr

Comment

Sorry, still looks very green to me, the clouds and mountain are a sort of green jade colour and even the sheep look greenish.

This version looks reasonable on my screen with fairly neutral clouds and the foreground grassland looks a more natural shade...

Adjusted.jpg

How does it look to you?
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

do agree with Sid the upload is still very green. Did you use AWB ? if so you could adjust the white balance to sort the green out

Nice edit Sid
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well I wouldn't have said it was a 'horrible' green cast, but now El Sid / Nigel has posted an alternative I see what he means. Apart from that it is a nicely composed image.
                And just to go back to your earlier question of a 'safe' size to upload to Flickr, I tend to upload at 1024 on the long side. Partly because it is quicker, and partly so that it makes it less desirable for nicking (I live in hope that someone would consider one of my images worthy of nicking). I then BB code the 800 long version onto this site.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                X