George Michael Memorial in Highgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Michael Memorial in Highgate

I ran across this by accident, so next time I went that way I shot a pano. There is quite a bit of mud. I thought worth documenting it, but not sure whether the panorama excites anyone? Unsure what else I could have done except waited for a nicer day, as I'm not sure the grass is growing back anytime soon... plus it's a memorial, so I decided I was okay with it being a bit gloomy and did the shoot.

BTW 360Cities rather than viewAT as they allow more of a zoom-in, if people prefer the latter it's:

Thoughts? Would blue sky be better? I thought too much colour to go for B+W?

Oh and in a first for one of my panos I used Franzis' "Sharpen Project" deconvolution sharpener to improve the detail and I think it worked very well - recommended!
    Last edited by DrJon; 14-03-2018, 18:41.

Re: George Michael Memorial in Highgate

Great stuff as always, Jon. The grey sky doesn't bother me a bit, in the way that it would for a 'normal' landscape, I think because for me with these all of the emphasis is on roaming the image rather than standing back. Definitely right to be in colour not black and white, and the muddy ground simply emphasises how many people have visited - pristine lawn would not have been right.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Amazing. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into producing one of these pano's.
      Colin

Comment

Amazing work Jon.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          Amazing. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into producing one of these pano's.
          Thanks, although strangely the work probably isn't obvious, as I photoshopped the heck out of one roof and the trees above it, but most people probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't. Plus there's always the bonus stitch error I notice a few days later, well hopefully not too often...

Oh, and the long version:
          Last edited by DrJon; 14-03-2018, 21:25.

Comment

Excellent work Jon, the grey sky doesn’t bother me there’s a little bit of colour in it where the Church spire is. Well done [emoji106]

How many images did you use to create the panorama, are you still using a string and weight tripod for these?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
              Excellent work Jon, the grey sky doesn’t bother me there’s a little bit of colour in it where the Church spire is. Well done [emoji106]

How many images did you use to create the panorama, are you still using a string and weight tripod for these?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
              Six, quite strangely - NSEWD plus a bonus W-ish one. I was having issues judging the fairly narrow overlaps while trying to put them where I thought the trees would give less issues (I'd start off at, say, NNE and find myself at W after a bit of rotation as that's easier to do, rather than remembering you should be off a bit).

HighgatePano-Images.jpg

Although do note that SmartBlend can roam some distance from the nominal join when blending the images.

String and a weight, as always :-)

Comment

BTW here's the stitch error I didn't notice for a while... although I did before I'd finished, thankfully...

Highgate-StitchError.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X