In awe of all of your photographs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In awe of all of your photographs...

Since my return to decent health, I've tried to view as many of your shots as possible, without getting eye strain. If I tried to comment on even half, I would be here for a week at least. Without doubt there are a lot of first class shots in these forums.

Any comments of mine would be in awe and certainly not to criticise in any way as I am not qualified to do so. I will, though, keep looking and noting the multi various settings that you all use and try to learn. As we are supposed to be getting snow here over the weekend it may be next week before I can get out, albeit locally.

I do envy those of you 'wot' have access locally to some magnificent wildlife. Around here there seem to be only pigeons, seagulls and moggies-cats that is. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    Last edited by JayJay; 15-03-2018, 18:16. Reason: spelling error
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: In awe of all of your photographs...

and Thank You

Tom

Comment

Hi JayJay. Thanks for that. I'm sure if you seek it out there is plenty of wildlife around you. I live in an isolated location in the middle of heath and woodland, but I have a very good friend who lives in the middle of London and its quite amazing what he gets shots of with regards to mammals and birds.-- Deer, Fox and Badger in the Royal Parks, no end of bird life on the river and reservoirs.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I second that ,you have marshside at Southport ,formby woods for red squirrels,the Wirral hosts burton mere ,the Dee estuary .hoylake new Brighton all served by train and bus if you don’t drive. My owl shots this week are all from the Wirral

Comment

Yes thanks for that, this may help

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks to you all for your help. Black Fox, the last time I got to Formby woods, one of the Rangers said that if I see a red squirrel, to let him know as they hadn't seen one for two years. Honestly.

I'll check out the local sites as suggested. One is just a half mile from my front door and was, until last summer, the Wildflower centre along Bowring Park Road. I've never had much joy in Sefton Park or the Festival Gardens at Otterspool. The Festival site is almost derelict now as the council are trying to sell it off for building land. Yippee!
            Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

Comment

See, and wild flowers attract bees and butterfly's and they in turn attract birds

Have you tried a feeder with some interesting weathered branches set up near it / attached to it, you will attract all sorts.
              Last edited by TonyT; 19-03-2018, 22:10.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                See, and wild flowers attract bees and butterfly's and they in turn attract birds

Have you tried a feeder with some interesting weathered branches set up near it / attached to it, you will attract all sorts.
                TonyT, yes I've tried feeders in our back garden. I've had Robins, one Blue Tit, Wood Pigeons but most of all inundated with Magpies. They frighten off the other birds and eat all the food. They descend on the garden in no less than four at a time.

The weather should improve soon and I'll get out to some of the places mentioned. Muchly thankings.

Comment

Afternoon all. I've just used the 'like' smiley to comment on todays bird shots. I hope no-one is offended by my brevity.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay View Post
                    Afternoon all. I've just used the 'like' smiley to comment on todays bird shots. I hope no-one is offended by my brevity.
                    Chris
                    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay View Post
                      shocked.gif

laugh.gif
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X