" Show Focus Points " Lightroom Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a post a few days ago about AF points which showed a screen-shot from LR with red AF points

This was news to me so I went online and discovered Adobe Plug-in "Show Focus Points" v1.01 Jan 2017 - apparently works for all Canon DSLRs

Seems like a great idea - I'm thinking about say lots of BIF say where you can check which pics you have nailed on.

Any reason NOT to use it? One possible reason may be that it does not show on the thumbnail strip in the develop mode?

I was not sure about this on reading the Adobe blurb on it so anyone with experience of this who could comment would be appreciated.

I know I can see the AF points in Quick Check on DPP but again this is a laborious one at a time exercise...and I tend not to use DPP

Thanks chaps
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Re: " Show Focus Points " Lightroom Plug-in

The screen shot was mine, I downloaded the plugin off the internet for Lightroom a while ago but I think it only worked on the Mac platforms I don't remember it being Adobe though, with this plug inn in the Library module go to third in from the top File Edit Library and in the drop down menu at the bottom will be plug in extras click on this and it will open a new window with the image you had selected and after it has processed it you will see the focus points you had selected at the time of shooting, clicking on the next image on the film strip it will do this for every image until you close the plug in
    hope this makes sense
    Alan

Comment

It works on Windows I’ve had it on my system for a number of years. It works on Creative Cloud. But I very rarely use it.
      I can’t remember who the developer is but like most plugins it isn’t an Adobe product. It gives a display very much like that in DPP.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ST-EOS; 18-03-2018, 19:49.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have it in my mac lightroom ,unless your shots are really poor I find it’s use limited as with a decent screen good useable shots (wildlife) should pop out at you .so yes as it’s free it’s worth down loading but imho it’s a very poor substitute for apertures version which was so quick and easy

Comment

OK folks thanks for postings. It is in fact an Adobe Plug-in "Show Focus Points" v1.01 from Jan 2017.

I tried it this afternoon on my Windows 10 PC and it worked OK from the library section. However it struggled to scroll through to the next image so as it seemed like a major faff I removed it. ..... no real improvement from what's already there in DPP

Ah yes Foxy I agree good useable shots should pop out, I just had this idea that I could stroll through and the ones nailed on on the eye rather than the cheek for example would jump out at me. It doesn't happen as often on my screen as it does on yours!!
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Personally I would have left it on as it doesn’t take any room up or slow anything down ,there will always be that time when it’s useful

Comment

Working...
            X