Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Photography Show NEC 2018

I took the 200D to the show with 55-250mmSTM. 10-18mm STM, 85mm f f1.8 USM
    A very worthwhile event, I took the opportunity to visit the Canon stand of course and the CSC range which look pretty good. I had a look at the Sony A9 and A7...and the Olympus EM-1 MkII which I suspect is the most mature system in the CSC offerings. Has a good look at the Tamron 70-200 f2.8.
    Also had good chat with Alamy which Ive started to upload to and Bob Books
    There were some good offers with show discounts at Cameraworld...and a few nice models too..

I used manual aperture and shutter with auto ISO with a max set at ISO3200.

200D 55-250 ISO3200....and no post processing!
    _MG_8956.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

and this one with PP

_MG_8958.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

these three ISO3200 with 55-250mmSTM...not at all bad and very usable...loss of hair detail on close inspection though
    _MG_9007.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_9005.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_9001.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

...and a bloke model to prove I'm not sexist in any way...
    _MG_8965.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

Chris Packham was talking about the 5DSR....didn't get into this one properly due to the queue and I'd been to the Dogsonality talk immediately before...this was taken with the 85 f1.8 ISO200....totally underexposed and pulled back in PP
    _MG_8982.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

Dogsonality...ISO2000 85mm f1.8 lens
    _MG_8973.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    ....the usual Canon lens fest
    _MG_8984.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    ......busy time at the EOS mag stand....a badly noisy image
    _MG_8987.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

I resisted the bargains...except for a wrist strap and LCD protector for the 200D, new CF/SD cards and some A3+ paper from Ilford.

_MG_8990.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

...and a big Scalextric car
    _MG_8994.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_8954.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: The Photography Show NEC 2018

I thought I might get a comment ....I guess no one is rushing to grab one of those bargains....or is in such awe of the humble 200D and 55-250STM.....Ill remain quietly amazed in the corned on my own then..... : (
    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

There is an article in the current issue of EOS magazine (April to June 2018) featuring the EOS 200D as part of a lightweight travel kit.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Yes thanks Robert...I read that last night...I have almost the exact kit. Coincidentally I visited Budapest in November.....it almost could have been my article!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          I thought I might get a comment ....I guess no one is rushing to grab one of those bargains....or is in such awe of the humble 200D and 55-250STM.....Ill remain quietly amazed in the corned on my own then..... : (
          Well, there's quite a lot to take in with all those shots, and I have been extolling the virtue of the 55-250 elsewhere as Jeff has been using it with his M3.

To reiterate my point here,in my opinion it's certainly the best "value for money" lens that i own!
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Cheers Chris!
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Chris Packham was talking about the 5DSR
              What did he say, hang on to your money for the time being, as its about to get replaced in the next couple of months?

Excellent shots and review, thanks for that, Picture 5.... I wonder if she is thinking...Sigh, the things I do for a living.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I think she is thinking...I'm fine on day one....but there's three more to go....
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Only just seen these Brian , thanks for going to the effort , like I said previously , think I would need to have a wedge of spare cash to tempt me to go , is Chris Packham a Canon user now ? Thought he was a Nikon man .

Comment

Yes he is a Canon user....I don't know if thats some sort of exclusivity/sponsorship deal.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                    X