Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do the rest of you comment on 'piccies'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do the rest of you comment on 'piccies'?

I feel rather guilty that I don't comment more on the excellent photographic work done by you all. I'm trying to get on the site and comment on all/most/some of the current days shots but I'm finding it a little difficult to find the time to do even that.

It seems that too much of my time is spent attending various clinics in regard to my health. No sooner do I get rid of one appointment than I get two more. Yippee!
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: How often do the rest of you comment on 'piccies'?

I comment as and when I have time, I may not comment for ages then do 6 or 7 shots in one go, I do not tend to comment on my photos...I.e thanking people etc, that is not being deliberately rude, I just feel that if people like my images and take the time to comment they will stay on the page, I do not want to artificially bump them to the top of the 1st page thus bumping others down who may not have had a comment added etc.

I do however try to put a comment on those pictures others post that have not had one, as I feel everyone deserves someone to say something about their work, that is one of the most frustrating things in my eyes, you have took the time to take a shot, process it, post it on the web, post it on here and then no one says a word about it.
    Last edited by TonyT; 21-03-2018, 14:43.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Less than I used to, mainly due to time constraints, but I will usually try and comment (if I can) when constructive criticism has been explicitly asked for.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

As and when I feel there's something to say. The amount of commenting I could do also gets rather contained by available time and sometimes the sheer number of images available to comment on.

in the absence of a like button sometimes I just use the thumbs up smiley to save time.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I tend to only comment on things that interest me and as many togs here are into bird photography I don't post as often anymore
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
            in the absence of a like button sometimes I just use the thumbs up smiley to save time.
            'Like' smilie now available.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I'm the same regarding time...I like to comment when I have something to say and to recognise contributions to the site in general which is a super resource of information. Like Tigger I'm not into bird photography though fully respect the skill and incredible effort that people go to to achieve the results....as do landscape togs and other specialities.

i disappear from here depending on workload and where I am...if away from home then I have more time to comment.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I tend to comment when I think of something to say, but I suspect that Robert's new "Like" smilie will be rather useful.
                Colin

Comment

Like many others my time on the forum depends on work commitments, and if I have picked up the camera. I comment on images that interest me or grab my attention, although the is probably going to get used now I was happy with the as its more friendly!
                  Andrew

Comment

Rarely, as others have stated, it depends on other commitments.
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

As and when time permits ,I find that social media of all sorts is getting very time consuming these days .

Comment

Working...
                      X