Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make the most of life and family.

Struggling to find the right words.

Just wanted to say, enjoy life and love who you have in it take photos and make some memories no matter if your hairs not combed or you haven't got the right shirt on.

My Dad passed away beginning of Feb. Last photo of him - a selfie from my phone as we sat having dinner out.

While we all may want the next camera up becauses its got better what-evers, its the camera in your hand that counts.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Make the most of life and family.

Sorry to hear that ,but how very true

Comment

My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Comment

Very sorry to hear your news Di, totally agree with you; I know how you must be feeling as I lost my dad suddenly two years ago. He is still missed. Last photo we have is at his birthday dinner a few weeks earlier.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Very sad news Di and my condolences to you all. Not done much photography over past few months as my mum has been unwell but slowly getting better after an operation, which as she is 92 was a bit of a worry.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thoughts are with you Di, know how you feel. You are spot on with making memories, even if they are not all worthy of putting on the wall.
            Andrew

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss Di.

Dads - and mums- are special and to be cherished.

Pictures and memories inside are all I have of both of mine but I hold them dear and now that much time has passed I can bring them out and smile.

Hang on in there, Di
              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Condolences to you and yours. Losing family is hard...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thank you all.

Mum passed nearly four years ago, since then Dad and me have sort of cared for one another. Suddenly I have free time so trying to find my feet with the camera again, along with life.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

So true, life is short, grab it with both hands. I was once in a job where I saw many good young people go - live life to the full
                    Sorry to hear about your dad, have faith, be happy for having him
                    RIP Dad, per Mare per Terram
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

My sincerest condolences, Di.

Like you, I recently lost my dad (on Christmas Eve!), and during all the inevitable clear up, and preparation for the funeral etc. I was so pleased with the comfort that my mum, and the rest of the family gained from all the photos we could go through together, and remember all the memories we had made.

As you say, life is short, and we must make the best of what time we, and those close to us have.

Gotta stop now, as my eyes are leaking.

My thoughts are with you, be strong. It gets better, apparently.
                      flickr
                      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

My thoughts are with you & your family at this difficult time.

Family are certainly very precious as I have found out this passed year, loosing my sister just 12 months ago which has brought back many memories of her & of course getting out those many photographs which now remind me of very happy shared moments.
                        Sue

Comment

I am so sorry. I lost my father some 10 years ago. I still think a lot about him and what he would have thought about all sorts of things. I love the photographs to bring back the memories from before his illness.

Richard
                          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                          X