Pro Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Camera

Anybody ever used Pro Camera, bought anything from them. Some of their stuff seems very cheap almost too good to be true
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Pro Camera

I have checked out some reviews Trev. Some good and some bad, but enough bad ones that I would walk away.
    Colin

Comment

Are the prices better than HDEW? They seem to have a good reputation. I assume the warranty is a third party one.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Colin, Brian you expect a few pound difference between dealers on camera's and lens but their stuff is hundreds of pound cheaper - is it black imports. One item was seven hundred pound cheaper than the same item from WEX, Park and Mifsuds
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

If it seems too good to be true............
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hmm, don't know anything about Pro Camera. However, a quick check and prices for couple of body only are higher than HDEW.

Used HDEW myself, others on here have too IIRC and happy with service. No issues with stuff I've bought so can't comment on how warranty works.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Interesting that Pro Camera state 'Brand New UK Stock'

Not sure what that means exactly.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

It may mean it is probably a grey import, BUT is already in the UK, some advertise and you buy only to find you get stiffed having to pay VAT and import duty on it, already in the UK means it has been paid, I haven't used them, but I would recommend Panamoz, they also have them in the UK or they are covered and a long warranty that can be done at Canon I believe. The thing is some warranties can involve shipping back to hong kong etc or are done in house.

Do you agree with Pro Camera's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 106 customers have already said.

procamera without hyphen though is hong kong
                Last edited by TonyT; 22-03-2018, 03:03.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks everyone. Been thinking of getting another 100-400 MkII, was looking up prices and found Pro Camera's - £700 cheaper than WEX, Park Mifsud etc. Plus camera bodies hundreds cheaper, If this is genuine imported stock with all taxes etc paid, then the other three mentioned dealers would be out of business by now. I will give them a wide berth me thinks!
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

It may well be "genuine imported stock with all taxes etc paid" it just won't have been imported by Canon UK who are the only authorised importer and distributor. Therefore it won't have the warranty, which is provided by Canon UK only on products which they themselves have supplied to retailers. Other imports are perfectly legal, but not authorised by Canon.
                    EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

For that saving I think I'd risk it.....I did just that when Simply Electronics had good offers on a 24-105MKI over 5 years ago...it was white box and absolutely fine but covered by their warranty and the Canon Asia Regional Warranty (not Europe region)....but they went bust last year so I could have come unstuck.
                      I don't think there is a massive risk in if its the genuine product the likelihood of defect is probably less than 5 parts per million.
                      By the way the 800D is cheaper at HDEW so they can obviously offer some stock cheaper but not all.
                      Prices are crazy at present...at the NEC the 50 f1.2 L was offered for £950 again...had been £1350 for a few months...now several retailers have it for under a grand.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I can vouch for h.dew ,they are south London based ,the warranty is genuine as my lad had a problem with a lens after 6 months use .it went to a canon authorised repair centre .they couldn’t cure the fault so h.dew refunded him in full plus all his postage costs .no messing about either refunded in a couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                          Been thinking of getting another 100-400 MkII, was looking up prices and found Pro Camera's - £700 cheaper than WEX, Park Mifsud etc.
                          Their current price of £1587 is only a little less than I paid for mine from Clifton Cameras last summer and Jessops had that lens on for only £1449 just back in January (according to camerapricebuster.co.uk) so maybe it's all legit. It's also possible that their stock is stuff that they've had for a while, from when the RRP was closer to that value anyway.

And whilst there are some bad recent reviews on Trustpilot (and there always are, as people who have problems tend to vent their frustration more than those who have no issues at all) there are also plenty of good ones. I've not used them but I think if you do your homework and go in armed with plenty of knowledge then you might, just might, grab a bargain.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/pro-camera.co.uk
                          Chris
                          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

HDEW is £1335, I'm inclined to go for this. Its a Canon lens, I hate to think how many Canon lens I've bought over the years (nor would I want the wife to know!) and never had a problem with them other than a cine lens many years ago.
                            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                              HDEW is £1335, I'm inclined to go for this.
                              My 80D came from HDEW and I have no problem recommending them.

Its a Canon lens, I hate to think how many Canon lens I've bought over the years (nor would I want the wife to know!) and never had a problem with them other than a cine lens many years ago.
                              My biggest worry when I die is that my wife will sell my camera gear for what I said I paid for it!
                              Chris
                              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
                              X