Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Orchids

[IMG]Concrete Orchids by Dee Gee, on Flickr[/IMG]

The orchids have been sat on the kitchen window sill and have come in to full flower so I grabbed a couple of dozen shots wanted something more than just straight forward shots, deciding I'm favouring the more art-type image. (This is likely to change with out warning.)

Had a go at layers and textures sometime ago, but the processing recipe defeated me and I had to return to youtube and watch instruction videos again. (Passed a hour if nothing else.)

The orginal was taken with Canon 500D - Canon 50mm Macro with natural light from the kitchen window and a cream coloured kitchen cabinet door as backdrop.

I'm sorry but for some reason I keep losing the exif data. So I've returned to the original raw file for it:

Model - Canon EOS 500D
    ExposureTime - 1/50 seconds
    FNumber - 5.60
    ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
    ISOSpeedRatings - 1600
    Flash mode - Not fired
    Exposure mode - Av-priority
    AF point selected - Single-point AF

Anyone any idea why the exif disappearing, using infraview to convert to TIFF and then into CS4 should I be ticking something or un ticking something, anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by DeeGee; 22-03-2018, 16:02. Reason: spelling
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Concrete Orchids

Works for me
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

thats really cool, nice work
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

That works for me, indeed I think it's more than a bit excellent so...

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif (rats!, the new like symbol has killed of the cool smiley...)

Not sure why you are losing exif info but also not sure why you are using Irfanview either. Can your copy of CS4 not read CR2 files directly? If not you can get the correct camera raw updater here: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/d...jsp?ftpID=4518

Alternatively why not use the supplied copy of DPP, that will certainly retain the exif data.

Incidentally are you using the Save to(for) Web option in CS4, I do know that will strip out exif data.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thank you all. Very much appreciated.

and Nigel, that works an absolute treat, already downloaded and in use. You're a star!
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Di, I had a further thought about missing EXIF data. If you go to your Flickr account settings page and look on the 'Privacy & Permissions' tab then look at the Global settings section you should see an option 'Hide your Exif data', if it says yes change it to no.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
              Di, I had a further thought about missing EXIF data. If you go to your Flickr account settings page and look on the 'Privacy & Permissions' tab then look at the Global settings section you should see an option 'Hide your Exif data', if it says yes change it to no.
              Well I'll be that was turned on. Got it all now. Thank you.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X