Loch Tay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loch Tay

The Loch today, not a good day for photography, grey, misty.

4S7A0245 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Loch Tay

I think the image reflects your description of the day; grey and flat. You could give it more impact by adjusting the levels and contrast without loosing the misty effect. The composition works, you just didn't visit on the best of days.
    Andrew

Comment

Could be a nice scene in the right weather, one to revisit I think

Paul

Comment

Whilst the shot probably wouldn't win any competitions, it certainly conveys the dreichness of it all.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Keep making images David don't let the weather conditions put you off.

I think Andrew at #2 has hit the nail on the head. But I seem to remember that you weren't keen on post processing of images.

Here's a little tweak I did on your image, it's got some artefacts in the sky due to the jpg compression

David-Untitled-1.jpg
          Last edited by ST-EOS; 23-03-2018, 10:31.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for the effort Peter, of course yours looks way better than mine, but I will wait for a better day & go back to Killin & visit Auntie. Still getting to grips with the 7dMk2, off to New York next Wednesday, so see how well I get on taking shots there.

Comment

Working...
            X