Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typhoon, Colour or B&W

Hi All,

Just for a change I turned some shots into Mono??

26 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

27 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

29 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

39 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

38 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

37 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Paul

Re: Typhoon, Colour or B&W

Mmm colour from me. They just have the edge ( don't believe I'm saying that, I'm the first to say have you tried black and white...)
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Has to be colour Paul. It's a Typhoon, it's very now and can't draw on the nostalgia that mono evokes.

Now than, a Westland Lysander, or maybe an SE5a, they'll take as much mono as you can throw at them.
      Colin

Comment

Have to agree Paul it’s colour for me too. And I agree with Colin if it was a older plane then b&w would possibly suit it.

Chris
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Typhoon, Colour or B&W

That is why I don’t ask for a color/BW comparison as 95% of the time Color will trump BW for most. However for me, a well done BW will always trump color, so looking at the BW it is the tonal difference between black & white that makes the image and these are more of a variance between the shades of gray, which makes the color more appealing IMO

Tom

Comment

Thanks for some interesting views on this, I definitely agree on the subject issue because I always think that Steam Trains are the ideal subject for Mono, but I have seen some quite dramatic pics of the Typhoon in Mono, but I think the sky needs to be different to my chosen ones, I think perhaps a deep blue sky with a white cloud in will be my next try, sadly we are back to Rain again.............

Paul

Comment

Colour for me too, although I reckon a "not too tight" framing of a Typhoon with a moody sky could very well work.
              Chris
              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

For me colour for the first one, but b&w for the others. Really like the last one.
                Chris

Comment

As presented colour, in the mono versions the planes need more tonal separation from the background which means a bit of playing with the contrast...Pauls Plane.jpg
                  Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                  X