Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightroom import problem...help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom import problem...help please....

I import by placing the SD card into the iMac built in reader...when I import the images are shown on the screen as just shadows of the full image and a message says...already in the catalogue....so I can't import
    How can this be.
    i've formatted the card...tried new shots, no lock on the sd card

i must have done something but I've not changed settings knowingly

Please advise any ideas or if you know the solution?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Lightroom import problem...help please....

A long shot I know but have you gone round the image count and had it reset so you have duplicate file names? I found that happened with LR so some of my “albums” ended up with multiple folders as the 7D used a format IMG_XXXX.CR2 so after 9999 shots you cycle round...
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

mmmm thats an odd one..

try right clicking the image in LR then click show in finder. that should show you were the image is on the Mac and delete it, then try putting the card in again and doing your normal import
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Both answers are good, will be watching this with interest

Alan

Comment

Hazarding a guess I think andys answer is pretty much on the ball which will be in your camera menu system ,have you got your lightroom set to upload by date taken as well ,so that it sees images based on the d.m.y rather than serial number

Comment

Thanks Andy...and all who offered their help....my last upload was No 100-9595....I've now reset the counter...in fact I did it twice to be sure....so the first image successfully loaded just now is 102-0001.....phew!
            Thanks again!!!
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Excellent :-)
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Super news

Comment

Working...
                X