Just a quick note to introduce myself to my first ever forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note to introduce myself to my first ever forum

My name is Mike Atkinson and I live in the north west tip of Lancashire. I have been keen on photography for many years though always as a hobby. I originally used Pentax film cameras but Pentax seemed to loose their way after the MX/ME Super models producing some very mediocre cameras and so I shifted to Canon and have used them since. I shoot exclusively in the digital medium now, the darkroom and other medium format cameras have gone. If you don't use them they are just an expensive paperweight!
    I currently use a 6D,7D MkII and a 50D converted to shoot infrared. I have quite an arsenal of lenses collected over time so I won't bore you by listing them. I also have a small Canon M series camera with three M lenses for travelling light.
    I have had a go at most things but I really enjoy natural history, infrared which I have shot both digitally and on film and I do some landscape as well. I look forward to taking part in the forum and I may even load up the odd image when I find out how!

Regards Mike

Re: Just a quick note to introduce myself to my first ever forum

Welcome to the forum Mike. Its a great place for friendship and learning

Alan.
    Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Welcome Mike...looking forward to seeing your work....best way to upload is via flickr....copy and paste the BBCode from flickr using the share photo icon (arrow next to the star) at the bottom of the image.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Welcome Mike.
        Look forward to seeing your photos on here.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Mike

Welcome to this friendly forum.

Bo
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mike
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Hi Mike welcome
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mike

Tom

Comment

Hello Mike and welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like you have some useful skills and the kit to go with it. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
                  Colin

Comment

Thank's for the advice re loading up images, I don't use flickr so I guess I will have to look at that as well. By the way thank you for the kind welcome messages.

Mike
                    Last edited by Mike A; 31-03-2018, 07:49.

Comment

Welcome mike ,Flickr is free to join .and really simple to use

Comment

welcome Mike, you will like it here.
                        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Have now set up a flickr account so will look at getting some images uploaded, thanks for the advice

Mike

Comment

Welcome Mike

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X