Oceanus Atlanticus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oceanus Atlanticus

Spent a happy hour today working on some new images. Re-discovered by reflector and the fact that it has a plain white inner which works well for making a basic background with out any interuptions.

Still teaching myself layering and texturing, figure I'm getting to grips with somethings but others just not gelling, so what is there to do, but try and try again.

[IMG]Oceanus Atlanticus by Dee Gee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Taken as ever with:

Canon EOS 500D
    EF50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro
    ƒ/5.0
    50.0 mm
    1/60
    Flash (off, did not fire)

Light from the conservatory, blinds tilted just so to get the odd high light. Going to have to go hunting for things to use for drapery etc... can see myself building a "goody box" of still life items.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Oceanus Atlanticus

[IMG]Broken Earth by Dee Gee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Canon EOS 500D
    EF50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro
    ƒ/5.0
    50.0 mm
    1/100
    Flash (off, did not fire)
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I like those Di. The have nice old world look about them.

Emyr

Comment

Thanks Emyr

Glad its got the effect that I was aiming for.

I've had the globe ages, its like a russian doll with another globe inside, its amazing what you can re-discover rummaging in drawers.

I'm sturggling with the join between the table and the back ground (I think so at least) going to try and find some material so I can make a drape into the main field of the image hoping that will fix it. In the mean time I have several shots from this shoot that I've not really looked at yet so if I do a couple more it may "work" a little better.

Not everyones cup of tea I know, but I'm enjoying the process and its keeping my mind lost in learning.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Both are very good Di, but for me the 2nd image gets the node as it gives the old photo look that works for the subjects IMO.

Tom

Comment

I like these very much.

I wouldn’t worry about the join between the table and background in these images, both are very sympathetic to the main objects.
            But, as you say, you can always keep trying different things!
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Thanks Tom & Bob good to get feedback on them, sometimes I look at something till I can't see whether its right or wrong.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X