Three black and white shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three black and white shots

These were all taken this morning...I thought they look good as a set of three on flickr hence I'm posting them together...all using the 200D and 50mm f1.8 STM

Tree perfection in a puddle
    _MG_9407.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

Schools Out
    _MG_9412.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

and a tree detail
    _MG_9419.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Three black and white shots

Love the bark on the tree, black and white really shows the crevices and high points, would make a great layering back ground... I may have to start doing some of these to build a file of my own. Also like the first one. Pussy willow tree?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di....the first one is actually a puddle reflection of trees above...the OOF part is just the muddy ground around the puddle.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Sorry Brian, the 1st one is a bit abstract for me. the 2nd image you need to desaturate the purple in the background and on the tree that is not part of the tie to make the color popping work better and 3rd image you have certainly highlighted the details in the bark.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom...yes the tie shot is tardy sorry but thanks for pointing that out.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

not to go against Tom as he is the B&W master but I really like all of them - great work. Favorite one is the 2nd
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Love the second and third, where the mono really brings out the textures. Will love the second even more once you've tidied up your tardiness
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                Thanks Di....the first one is actually a puddle reflection of trees above...the OOF part is just the muddy ground around the puddle.
                Ooo didn't see that, see it now, if you know what I mean. I thought you'd stood at the bottom of a tree looking up through the branches. Just shows how images can lead the mind in a different direction.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X