Availability of Rechargeable Batteries in Northern Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Availability of Rechargeable Batteries in Northern Ireland

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but dangerous goods regulations have made it illegal to deliver camera rechargeable batteries by air to N Ireland. I used to get mine from Amazon, but it got hit with a hefty fine for delivering "dangerous" items here. It's OK if they're included with a new device.

I've written to make enquiries here and there but it seems suppliers typically use Royal Mail and that means deliveries by air. One supplier told me "it is not worth us trying..." I can find nothing here in N Ireland. I've yet to check out Eire for possible outlets there. Maybe some would send by land and ship, but lots more expensive I'd think. Big brand batteries are an eye-watering price as it is.

Anybody here have any suggestions or experiences? Many thanks.
    The Image Plane
    Snapshots of Anything

Re: Availability of Rechargeable Batteries in Northern Ireland

Start a company making them!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

You could try somebody like this:

They say that deliveries to Northern Ireland cost more than within the Republic, but I doubt if they go by air ................... not until Brexit anyway
      Prices for genuine Canon, and Hahnel substitutes, seem comparable to here.
      EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

hop on a ferry ,the nearest camera shop I know to holyhead is in colwyn bay ,north Wales i.e Cambrian photographic or theres two shops in Chester ,other than that find someone that is travelling over that could do the business for you

Comment

You could buy a battery grip for the camera. Usually they have a system where you can substitute normal batteries in a cradle to power the camera. I'm not saying its perfect. But if you buy rechargable AA and use them at least you have a back up power plan so to speak.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Have you tried Calumet on Boucher Rd Belfast they are same as WEX

Comment

Thanks so much for the input. Appreciate it. I'll check that out for sure Richard and David. Sounds promising....

I do have a grip and that's one option if I'm really in a spot. Good to fall back on in some contexts.

supergeeman, I'm running low on humour over this, to be honest. If I'm on the road or out in the mountains on a long day shooting stills and video, I'd need the insurance of a third battery. These laws were bad timing for me over here as far as my account with Amazon was concerned...
              The Image Plane
              Snapshots of Anything

Comment

Just found on web search www.batyre.com in Belfast now doing camera batteries

Comment

Thanks, David, that's really helpful. Cheers.
                  The Image Plane
                  Snapshots of Anything

Comment

Working...
                  X