Labrador with ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labrador with ball

Another dog we met on our walk today. Made a rookie mistake and forgot to remove the polarizer filter, so didn't get as fast a shutter speed as I would have liked. You live and learn I guess.

Labrador by Carol Leather, on Flickr

Labrador 2 by Carol Leather, on Flickr
    Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Re: Labrador with ball

You seem to of nailed the focus , which is good for something running towards you , have a go at lightening just the eyes on the first one , I believe the "Dodge " tool in Photoshop or similar should do it , think that might improve it a little further .

Comment

Thanks Fallow. I have lightened the eyes, and the tennis ball a little. Is this better?

Labrador by Carol Leather, on Flickr
      Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

Nice one Carol...I think you did well shooting on the hoof as such....I normally set at least 1/1000 sec for dogs...so this is good at just 1/250th....but then I normally shoot a mad spaniel rather than a more sedate lab.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Yes I think the edit looks better Carol .

Comment

Both very nice, Carol, particularly the edited shot, which I prefer for the slightly lower head position.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thank you Brian, Fallow and Alex. Yes, I woud have preffered a shorter shutter speed, but didn't have time to react and remove the polarizer so had to make do this time. There wasn't much sedate about this guy though, he had a fair turn of speed on him! LOL
              Regards,

Carol

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Well done Carol

Tom

Comment

Thank you Di and Tom.
                    Regards,

Carol

Comment

Working...
                    X