auto and manual zoom on 600 exrt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto and manual zoom on 600 exrt

I am having a bit of a problem with the zoom function on my 600 ex rt in that it seems to be random as to which setting it chooses! Sometimes, I switch the flash on and it will not zoom beyond the 105 of the lens in use. Today, I have switched it on and it will happily zoom out to 200mm in manual zoom mode. I can't figure out why this is happening and it is a nuisance as there have been occasions where I wanted a smaller pool of light on the subject but the flash was in auto and I could not change it! Could anyone shed any light on this please?
    Thanks

Re: auto and manual zoom on 600 exrt

I would think that in auto mode the flash is limited to the maximum length of the lens, IIRC that's how my 420EX works. You don't say what camera you are using it with but I would suspect that manual control is likely only available in what Canon describe as the 'creative zone' ie the PASM modes (and any other custom or fully user adjustable options). If you have the camera in any 'full auto' modes, eg green square or scene, the flash will likely be automatically locked into auto mode and manual control will not be possible.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
    X