my first proper attempt at macro with the 150mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first proper attempt at macro with the 150mm

my first attempt yesterday at seeking out insects with the macro lens ,its not as easy as it looks ,d.o.f is important ,using the eos.M3 handheld is o.k but sunlight on the screen plays havoc with focussing there will be a workaround for it ,also tried with the 1d3 but the getting the right angle with a viewfinder is more awkward .wondering if a flip out screen guard would help

pesky flies by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: my first proper attempt at macro with the 150mm

I have to confess being sceptical when you mentioned an intention to use an M3 for macro work but, as a first effort (or even a hundredth), I think you've produced a fine shot

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
      I have to confess being sceptical when you mentioned an intention to use an M3 for macro work but, as a first effort (or even a hundredth), I think you've produced a fine shot

Cheers,
      John
      Wot John said.
      Colin

Comment

Excellent shot, I have a right angled adaptor for my 1DX Jeff, it can be swivelled round. And corrects so looking through it the image is the right way up.
        Last edited by TonyT; 21-04-2018, 11:52.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
          Excellent shot, I have a right angled adaptor for my 1DX Jeff, it can be swivelled round. And corrects so looking through it the image is the right way up.
          yes that would work Tony ,but at 72 + its more to do with mobility got my eye on something ,wait till I win in before saying anything ,as with everything else though the states is far better supplied with incrementals than we are

Comment

Looks good to me...can you use the canon connect app and a phone or tablet as the screen with the M3...then you can angle the phone/tablet any way you like....tricky if not using a tripod I know....
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Not sure Brian but it sounds complicated ,trying to lighten my load and make like easy ,missed out on my bid for a delkin 3 inch sunscreen today ,I’ll buy a new one later .that should help the sunlight problem

Comment

Working...
              X