Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello....And a cheeky question 😊

Hi all.

I've just recently purchased a 200D after moving from another manufacturer.

I'm based in Sunderland in England and prefer landscape and seascape photography generally.

I've already added a Sigma 70-300 and the Canon 10-18mm to the kit lens and love the results so far. (Anyone wanting a quick look at my stuff its at www.robintaylorphotography.uk)

I love the remote shooting facility via WiFi on my phone but have a question...

When using the Connect app, everything connects via WiFi (or Bluetooth for image transfer). for remote shooting the app connects fine to my Galaxy S8..so far so good...but, unless I keep my phone screen on the WiFi connections drops and I have to go through the (laborious) reconnection process again every time. Obviously this batters the battery life on the phone. I have the phone WiFi set to 'never sleep' and Bluetooth/NFC are also on (although I believe this is more for photo transfer and initial connect rather than maintaining the connection).

Anyone have any way around this ?

Thanks

Robin

Re: Hello....And a cheeky question 😊

Hello Robin and welcome.

I can't help you with your 200D issue, but plenty of members here have one and should be able to answer your query.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin

Comment

Hi Robin and welcome to the forum
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Don’t have a 200D so, I can’t answer your question, bu welcome to the Forum

Tom

Comment

I use a 200D with an iPhone SE.....I just tested this and the connection is maintained when I switch the phone screen off.
            Switching cannon connect on has the same effect of switching the camera into live view mode....switching the phone screen on and off has the effect of switching the cameras live view on and off but the connection remains.
            Welcome to the forum.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Just had a look at your website ....very good galleries and nicely maintained blog too....well worth a visit !
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                  Just had a look at your website ....very good galleries and nicely maintained blog too....well worth a visit !
                  Agreed, and very aptly, hosted on SmugMug!
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks....I think ��

Comment

Working...
                    X