end of a era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of a era

as some of you might have picked up on I have been struggling for a while with the sheer weight of my equipment and looking into it no matter which way I turned I would either lose in weight .range ,i.q loss or price .

I have been bleeding off my canon gear over the last month or so ,and sold my big sigma sport at the weekend ,my initial plan was to get a contemporary lens but a visit to the shop and a trial didn't enthuse me .

so after looking at all the options i.e weight, price,i.q etc I have sold my 1D3 and purchased a Panasonic g80 micro four thirds system and a 100-400 Leica lens ,this will give me a effective range of 800mm and close focus ability ,time will tell if its the right choice but it was either that or give up as others before me have .

I will not be leaving the forum as I still have the eos.m3 and 55-250 which I'm keeping ,and also the use of jans 7d and 400mm f5.6 if needed

Re: end of a era

Best of luck with your new kit Jeff. Your images will be missed

Tom

Comment

Sad to see you jump ship Jeff , though I understand it . Have seen some very good results from the new kit you mention . Good Luck with it , will keep an eye on Flikr to see how you get on .

Comment

Your help & encouragement that you have given me over the last two odd years has been incredible and I for one will miss your very high standard of photography that we have had the pleasure of seeing. All the best mate.

Comment

That is a B****r I really look forward to your postings ,if Robert will allow it I/We would like to know how you are getting on with the new kit .
          Will you be posting on another forum?
          All the best.
          Dave
          Dave , France 79

Comment

Very best of luck Jeff....I’m sure you’ll get great results...it will be interesting how they compare with the M3....but the differences hardly matter in the real world.
            I shot my LRPS panel on a PEN EP1, FUJI XT1, 50D and 400D...you wouldn’t know which was which when printed.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Keep enjoying your photography Jeff, that is the most important thing. Brian makes a very good point about quality.
              Andrew

Comment

Splitter!

I hope that it at least helps you keep going in photography for a few more years yet. I suppose I'll have to follow you on Flicker now!
                Chris
                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

thanks lads ,as stated I won't be leaving the forum as i own residual eos gear as well . got a very steep learning curve in front of me. have made some very good friends on here over the years and I will miss the cameradie on here .it was a toss up going with Panasonic or going to the m5 the lack of eos-m dedicated long range lenses was the final decider . but that may well change in the future

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
                    Splitter! [emoji3]

I hope that it at least helps you keep going in photography for a few more years yet. I suppose I'll have to follow you on Flicker now!
                    Hahahaha! My first thought!
                    Look forward to seeing the shots

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeff I do hope you will continue to drop in here from time to time, I have always enjoyed your photos and astute comments

So sorry you are going to b doing most of your photography with Other Gear but at least you’ll still be out and snapping.
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Could be worse. He could have been moving to Nikon.
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

As has already been said you will be missed on here Jeff but it would be interesting to hear how the new gear performs
                          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

been down the Nikon route before ,same as canon all heavy gear ,as stated the main and only reason I have moved is motability issues I have struggled with 5 discs damaged in my back for 51 years ,,I have learned to cope but recently I have been having flare ups of lower back pain ,basically I have gone from a rig weighing 7plus kilos to the new one which is 1.5 kilos all up ,today was a leisurely walk about taking a few snaps which I have posted on flickr along with some test shots taken in Chester city centre in pouring rain while doing try out shots on tues at the shop

Comment

Just had a look on flickr...they are a bit good.....as you'd expect from a lens with that name on it. I used to get excellent results from my olympus with a 25mm f1.4 panasonic/leica.....looking back I think it was at least as good as and Fuji APSC images....
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                              X