Various Sports Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various Sports Cars

We took the Porsche out for a spin with our local club. Seems a lot of Car Clubs were out as we spotted a Ferrari Club and a British Leyland Club:

A Ferrari 458
    IMG_7769.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

2016 Porsche Boxster (Reflection)
    IMG_7781.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

MGB
    IMG_7783.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

TR6
    IMG_7813.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

TR6
    IMG_7782.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Various Sports Cars

Nice set Tom, isn’t the TR6 ugly?

Comment

Nice set Tom
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Nicely done Tom.
        Andrew

Comment

A good series Tom, well captured . Many years ago I was very tempted to buy a TR6, it didn't happen though as the Bride advised me that we wouldn't be able to fit the baby in, he will celebrate his 42nd birthday this year!
          I can see where DaisyM is coming from regarding the TR6 being "ugly" when you compare the styling of the TR6 against the Porsche and Ferrari or even the MGB with their more streamlined looks.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks David, Chris, Andrew and Peter for stopping by and commenting. I've always like the looks of the TR6, I felt that when they came up with the TR7, that was ugly. Even today, looking at the TR6, it's not the most beautiful car when compared to a Ferrari, but it still is a handsome, no nonsense, drivers car IMO.

Comment

I have to agree with you Tom regarding the TR6.

Chris
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Nice set Tom, I have an MGB but I can't agree that the TR6 is ugly, the part I do agree with is the extras that the US made the UK add to cars such as the MG and Triumphs spoiled their looks, such as the Rubber Bumpers on the MGB, also added loads of weight, plus they increased the ride height and look at those massive overriders on the bumpers on the TR6 and the indicator repeaters, gross!!

Paul

Comment

Thanks again Chris and Paul for your comments.

Tom

Comment

TR6 was arguably the last of Triumphs proper roadsters, not as pretty as it's predecessors and about as close as Triumph ever came top a muscle car. The TR7 was a move in the direction of modernising the brand and that didn't go down well with the purists too well. Ok it wasn't the prettiest Triumph ever but it had a style of it's own.

I had one in British Racing Green (or a very close colour shade) and it was fun to drive. Could get a bit tail happy but not uncontrollably slow and could be drifted well through corners. Generally it was reckoned to be a bit light at the back end as wheel scrabble was a common problem when trying to get the power down in a hurry, apparently a popular cure was a sack of cement in the boot... The only thing I'd really moan about was the durability, like most Leyland cars it was anything but corrosion resistant, it was a bit rusty when I got it but got rustier faster than I'd've liked and after a couple of years I flogged it for something a more solid...
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                    X