Hahnel HRC 280 remote release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahnel HRC 280 remote release

I have the Canon standard remote release RS-80N3 (the one with the stubby connector, that I originally used with the 1V and 3 film cameras), which I use with the 5D / 50D, etc. I also have the Timer Controller TC-80N3 which is a great piece of kit which I bought for a good price before large price rises a couple of years ago on this product.
    I recently bought the Hahnel accessory that is advertised in the EOS Magazine shop. At £20 it is about half the price of the Canon RS-80N3 and I wanted a 'cheap' one to keep in a camera bag, so I don't need to keep moving the existing one between different bags / cameras.

Anyway, what a great piece of kit this is... it is well made and sturdy and comes with N3 and E3 adapter ends (the latter is a small micro-plug like a microjack), meaning that this release will work with all current EOS cameras, including the 300/400/500D range that need the E3 type connector. If that were not enough, it comes with a 2m extension lead as well!

It is not often that I would recommend a non-Canon product over the original but in this case I would... if you haven't yet invested in a remote release for your DSLR, this one is a no-brainer - save yourself 20 quid and get a more versatile product.
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Re: Hahnel HRC 280 remote release

Originally posted by Gary - Fulham View Post
    I recently bought the Hahnel accessory that is advertised in the EOS Magazine shop. At £20 it is about half the price of the Canon RS-80N3 and I wanted a 'cheap' one to keep in a camera bag, so I don't need to keep moving the existing one between different bags / cameras.
    Thanks for this review, Gary. We only include products in the EOS magazine shop which we believe will meet the standards required by EOS camera users. Both the tethered and wireless remote switches from Hahnel have proved to be popular. We'd be pleased to see more reviews - good or bad - of the accessories we sell. We'd also like to hear of products that you think should be included in our range.

The EOS magazine shop is at http://www.eos-magazine.com/EOS%20Co...s/shopdir.html

Robert
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi. At the Focus Show last year I bought the Hahnel HC 40D PRO for Canon 40 and 30D as I wanted to be able to use the 40D in portrate stance for studio work. This gave me the benifit of having two batteries available on camera, plus the added bonus and a suprise, a remote infra red trigger!!
      It all works very well, although having all that weight on your arm for several hours tends to give one a bit of a shoulder ache. How we suffer for our hobbies!

Comment

Thanks, Gary, for the recommendation. Got a HRC 280 from the magazine shop (very rapid delivery) and it works well - assuming all "stereo" jack plugs are pushed firmly into their sockets, otherwise the camera develops a mind of its own...... Voice of experience speaking.
        It wins the prize for the most minimal instructions - titled "Instruction Manual" and being about the size of a cigarette paper..... 12 words on it!
        Cheers, Chris.
        Last edited by Chris J; 25-08-2009, 15:44.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Yes, maybe they think it doesn't need instructions? You should read the translation on the English manual for the Sharp LCD TV I have just bought.....
          www.garywhite-photography.com
          Gary White, MPhil
          Travel Photographer

Comment

Working...
          X