Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowhammer

Hi All,

There are a lot of these in the local hedgerows, just for a change this one sat for a few seconds for me.Has anyone any ideas how to tell the difference between M and F with these as all the pics I have taken have looked the same

207 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Paul

Re: Yellowhammer

Lucky you! I can't answer your question I am afraid. I took two journeys over the weekend to a place where Yellowhammers are known to frequent. Not a single sighting although I could hear them singing all around me. Very frustrating.

Love your shot.

Regards,

Carol
    Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

Fantastic. Haven't seen a yellowhammer in years and can't answer your question, sorry!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Lovely shot Paul. Male and Female difference, the male is more yellow than the female, yours is a male. Look at the pair I posted last week on the 12th May
        Last edited by Trev B; 21-05-2018, 21:14.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Lovely image Paul

Tom

Comment

Males are much brighter particularly the head and throat and chest which are bright yellow whereas the female are duller with much more streaking on the bodies as the one below
            Female Yellowhammer by Steve Dawes, on Flickr
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks Guys, especially for the answers

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X