Walberswick Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walberswick Pier

A couple of shots of the old pier at Walberswick. It was a really overcast with flat light day yesterday so I've tried to extract some semblance of detail. Comments welcomed, as ever.

Walberswick Pier by Chris Trollen, on Flickr

Walberswick Pier by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: Walberswick Pier

The color is good as well Chris, but I pick the BW by a hare.

Tom

Comment

Like Tom I think mono is the way to go with a bit more work...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks for your input, everyone. Much appreciated.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Sorry to be a pain, but sometimes less is more, have you considered a severe crop to give the impression of a panoramic?

There's an awful lot of sky and also foreground that, for me, just distracts from a really interesting image.

Perhaps crop about a third off the top of the image, and crop the bottom of the shot immediately below the wave at the bottom right.

The second shot works best for me because of the slightly brighter exposure.

Best. Steve.

Comment

Thanks for looking and your interesting comments, Steve, they are much appreciated. I hadn't really considered a crop like that but if I have time a little later I might just give it a go. Obviously I'll post anything I do end up with here.
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by powernapper View Post
              Sorry to be a pain, but sometimes less is more, have you considered a severe crop to give the impression of a panoramic?

There's an awful lot of sky and also foreground that, for me, just distracts from a really interesting image.

Perhaps crop about a third off the top of the image, and crop the bottom of the shot immediately below the wave at the bottom right.

The second shot works best for me because of the slightly brighter exposure.

Best. Steve.
              I would tend to disagree Steve. I would agree with you if there was nothing in the lower foreground. But it is well populated. The mood and texture the clouds add works REALLY well for me. I haven't seen the B&W as mentioned, but I would venture a guess by the contrast that this image would work beautifully as a B&W thanks to the contrast and textures.
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

I can see Steve's point now he's mentioned it. I had a quick play losing about half the sky and a little off the foreground and the result felt a stronger picture.
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I missed this earlier...there are some good comments and I think a can agree with all of them...there being several viable options in cropping etc but I think the originals are also fine.
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. I'm still processing other shots from Suffolk so have yet to revisit this one.
                    Chris

Comment

That's what I love about photography, so many ways to interpret a scene...both ways work, lovely photo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
                        That's what I love about photography, so many ways to interpret a scene...both ways work, lovely photo
                        Thanks very much, G. I much prefer it when one of my shots (or anyone else's shot, really) provokes a number of varying viewpoints!
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X