Portnahaven Isle of Islay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portnahaven Isle of Islay

I used eight hand held images used to create this Panorama in Lightroom. You may just be able to spot the "Rhinns of Islay" lighthouse at the left side. The lighthouse is on Orsay Island and was built in 1825.

For those who may wish to have a better peek there is a larger version on my Flickr photostream, as always your thoughts/comments are welcome.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Portnahaven Isle of Islay

I like that Peter - the lines of the sides of the bay and the houses draw the eye nicely into the far-off blue distance - it seems you had a lovely day for it! (I assume the steady handwork means that this was taken before the visit to the distillery)
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Very steady hands Peter as you did well taking and stitching them together.

Tom

Comment

So the sun does shine on Scotland occasionally...

A very nice panorama I must say.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks John, Tom and Nigel for taking time to look and comment.

@ Nigel, on Islay the like the rain as it helps with the whisky making [emoji6]
          We had lovely weather on Islay though it was a bit of a grey day when we went across to Jura.
          I’m hoping for good weather for our next trip to Harris and Lewis via Skye.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Nailed that
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Really nice piece of work, never been to Islay always get drawn back to Skye.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Working...
              X