X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osprey & Trout

[IMG][/IMG]

Canon 1D 111, 500 F4.

Taken in Scotland, Large crop. must confess to having put a sky in though, the bird went above the horizon which gave me a shutter speed of 8000th sec. You dont get a lot of time to adjust your camera on the fly with these birds. Hope the sky looks natural?

Papa.

Re: Osprey & Trout

You done well here, the sky looks ok to me however, i wouldn't crop so much and get all of the bird in shot as i think it looks too big in the frame; good exposure retaining detail in the feathers; if it were mine, i would clone out the leg rings. Where was this taken?

Steve

Comment

Thanks for comments Steve,
      It was took at Aviemore on the Rothiemurchus estate, the reason it's cropped like that is because when I actually took the shot the bird was right at the top of the frame. they really do take some keeping up with, especially when they come that close and with a 500 lens. I see your point on the cloning, but I can live with what you see, knowing that they are wild birds.
      Thanks' for taking the time to comment.
      Papa

Comment

Sorry Papa, i thought you had cropped its wing off. I was wondering if it was taken at Rothiemurchus as i was thinking of going there myself, i'm a little late now for this season but i think i might make the trip next year; would you recommend it? i was thinking of timing my trip after the chicks had hatched so as to increase the frequency of the fishing. Do you get many opertunities for shots?

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X