Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge No 143 - Something out of place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge No 143 - Something out of place...

Really? Crikey, now that was certainly unexpected. But a lovely surprise, thanks Andy. But I'm with Mrs Andy, powernapper wuz robbed! I reckon there'll be calls for VAR...
    If only I did own those gates, we came across them on a walk between the villages of Fornalutx and Biniaraitx in the Sierra Tramantuna in Mallorca, one of our favourite places. The walk is signposted at each end as a surprisingly precise 1hr 10 mins, but we took nearer two in the midday sun (mad dogs etc).
    Thanks for the competition, it was a great theme, but tough - because you really couldn't plan it. Enjoy Jamaica.
    And well done to all of the other entrants and my fellow podium dwellers. I'll put my thinking cap on.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Congratulations Alex and well done to David and Stephen for podium places. And thanks to Andy for the challenge and the judging.

Looking forward to your new challenge Alex!

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Well done everyone, esp. Alex with a deserving winner. A tricky subject but a good number of excellent entries, I thought. I await the next challenge with bated breath.....
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Well done Alex and the other podium winners. Just didn't come up with anything that fitted, interesting choice of subject though Andy.

Bo, looks like you went to great effort to get that shot!!
          Andrew

Comment

Birdy..no effort at all

Moroccan street vendors arrange their wares like this on a bed sheet on the pavement.

If they spy the police they bundle them all up in a flash and they’re gone!!
            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
              Really? Crikey, now that was certainly unexpected. But a lovely surprise, thanks Andy. But I'm with Mrs Andy, powernapper wuz robbed! I reckon there'll be calls for VAR... :
              It nearly was a VAR. that’s how close it was. I was torn between the two and short of tossing a coin, I had to make a final decision.

Absolutely loving it here in Jamaica. Hotel is brilliant but a lack of decent internet (although can be a good thing). Waiters on pool, on beach. Butler for your room. 24/7 room service. They’ll even do your ironing if you ask or run a bath for you when doing the turn down service lol. Nicest place I’ve stayed.

Nice sunset last night so will be trying to capture that in the days to come whilst here.

Again. Well done to all entries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Congratulations Alex on a well deserved win.

Right - sleeves well and truly rolled up now - what's next?

Best. Steve.

Comment

Working...
                X