Where has Tigger gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has Tigger gone?

Missing Ian’s contributions, anyone know if he is okay?

Re: Where has Tigger gone?

Can't help on Tigger, Seems a lot are not here that used to be
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I think he must be having a break...I notice he’s not uploaded to Flickr for a while.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

It's unfortunate that the site does appear to be less dynamic than it used to be. Maybe that is the way these things go but it is probably why people drift away.
        I suppose it is up to us to get the site moving and I wonder how best we can do this.
        I hope that we can as the site is a great way to pass on advice, keep in touch, discuss ideas and share all things photography (and more)
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

From memory I’m sure he had a bit of a disagreement with one of the forum mods and maybe that put him off a bit. I can’t remember what it was about. I used to love his rooms and exotic interiors.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Come back Tigger we all love you.

Comment

Well said Alan.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

There is a feeling that the forum has gone downhill rapidly with many, not only Ian, of the regulars no longer visiting and posting. I am one of the original members from way back in 2008 and along with Tom, are the only two who have regularly contributed week in and week out since the beginning and both of us are now no longer on every day. There is very little activity on many of the forum subjects, particularly areas in which Ian were interested so maybe that explains his absence.
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Stan when you say “gone downhill”, do you mean in the quality of the shots or what? Many newcomers like myself have tried & feel we have, improved due to the help of this forum. So would like to know what you mean by that statement. Dave

Comment

I went away for a while since joining in 2009...I went over to Olympus and then Fuji as an early adopted of their new smaller formats...but came back when I found those systems lacking for wedding work.
                    I dont contribute every day or week...depends how busy I am working as self employed.
                    Colin C disappeared for some time too - but we both came back..........maybe Tigger will too.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I know several Forum members who are unhappy with a trend that seems to have developed in being 'King of the Castle' - keep your pictures at the top of the page, more so in the nature section It was mentioned to me some months ago by two local wildlife photographers who look in on the Forum, but do not contribute in putting pictures up or commenting on pictures. It was also raised by two active Forum members in private PM's.
                      This is where a picture is submitted, where it sits at the top of the page receiving comments until someone else submits a picture that takes the top perch. It seems some people are happy to let there picture sit at the top of the page, receive numerous comments, but not issue a thank you until they are knocked off the top spot. Then they will issue a thank you for each individual comment to get back on the top spot. I have done this myself but not intentionally to stay at the top of the page. I certainly will not be doing it anymore, I will wait a few days then give my thanks what ever position of my picture. There again I do not put pictures up necessarily to receive a comment. I put them up because I like them and I hope Forum members will like them. If I put a picture up and it gets 50 views and no comments, so be it - 50 people have looked at my picture.
                      I wonder what Robert thinks -- come in Robert!
                      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I must take the accolade for putting pictures on...having 50 views and not a single comment or acknowledgement .....feels a bit like saying good morning to everyone at work and no one answers....being blanked in other words....it doesn't take much to put a thumbs up.
                        I like the format where posts appear in the order of first post...and subsequent comments dont change its position.
                        And I still think its useful to have a section specifically for those who want to post for the purpose of asking for comments or help...proper praise and criticism....I often wonder when making a comment if its welcome and therefore include an advance apology.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Brian --- BEAT YOU, I've had a 100 views and no comments
                          It was a Roe Deer, please do not spoil it and comment on it
                          Last edited by Trev B; 02-06-2018, 19:22.
                          Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I'm guilty of a lot of these sins, not posting or commenting.

In large this is due to family issues and my photography has had to take a back seat apart from kestrel which I can fit into my schedule.

Sometimes feel I shouldn't comment if I'm not contributing but in hindsite perhaps that's wrong.
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I stopped being so active in the forum mainly because I started shooting more Fuji and less Canon but also due to some behaviours by members which irritated me, and rather than cause any kind of fuss I reduced my participation.

But I suspect where the forum is now is that Jeff has largely gone away from Canon, Nat, rest his soul, has left us, Ian seems to have gone on some form of photographic hiatus, I hope that’s what it is, and between them they were three of the highest volume posters which has left a vacuum as very few people have either the time or the inclination to post with such regularity.

I suspect the forum will survive and thrive but without so many dominant posters - and I don’t mean that as a criticism, it’s the way the forum evolved at the time - it may well become a more balanced group.
                              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                              X