Where has Tigger gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where has Tigger gone?

If we want to ask members if they are happy with the forum let's start an "are we happy?" post rather than tag onto this one

Tigger, bless him, will have kittens when next he posts onto here otherwise, thinking pages of discussion are about him.

Maybe he's kind of busy right now. Many of us have these blips.
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Bo see the discussion in the pub below. Dave

Comment

Oooops I see you have found it anyway Bo.

Comment

I,m still looking in but not using the small amount of canon gear I have left so nothing to post

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
            Brian --- BEAT YOU, I've had a 100 views and no comments
            It was a Roe Deer, please do not spoil it and comment on it
            I can beat that. I put some bluebell up last year, 154 views and no comments.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
              I can beat that. I put some bluebell up last year, 154 views and no comments.

John
              I will try and find 55 members to post on it !!!!!!!!!
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                I know several Forum members who are unhappy with a trend that seems to have developed in being 'King of the Castle' - keep your pictures at the top of the page, more so in the nature section It was mentioned to me some months ago by two local wildlife photographers who look in on the Forum, but do not contribute in putting pictures up or commenting on pictures. It was also raised by two active Forum members in private PM's.
                This is where a picture is submitted, where it sits at the top of the page receiving comments until someone else submits a picture that takes the top perch. It seems some people are happy to let there picture sit at the top of the page, receive numerous comments, but not issue a thank you until they are knocked off the top spot. Then they will issue a thank you for each individual comment to get back on the top spot. I have done this myself but not intentionally to stay at the top of the page. I certainly will not be doing it anymore, I will wait a few days then give my thanks what ever position of my picture. There again I do not put pictures up necessarily to receive a comment. I put them up because I like them and I hope Forum members will like them. If I put a picture up and it gets 50 views and no comments, so be it - 50 people have looked at my picture.
                I wonder what Robert thinks -- come in Robert!
                Not much I can do about this. The idea of a thread rising to the top when it receives a new post is to keep people up-to-date with replies to queries. I'm not sure if this forum allows me to override this - and I am not sure it would be a good idea.

Does every comment need to be acknowledged? Personally, I would only reply if a comment led on to a discussion. The way we are going, people are going to start saying thank you when they receive a thank you! Just my opinion.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I don`t post on here so much anymore , because I found a lot of people were enhancing , removing and over cropping and cloning stuff , especially in the wildlife sections . It makes the photos in MY opinion dishonest . For me a good deal of wildlife photography is in the patience skill and field craft to getting withing decent range , not photographing something 100 meters away and then cropping it a 100% or something to make it look like you were on top of it , as wildlife photography is my bag , I felt it pointless commenting , because I felt 90 % of the photos were / are a cheat . As for those who bump there own posts , why not just say thanks in advance for any comments , and just answer any critique that needs it . Just my own opinions , I don`t see why it would offend anyone unless you don`t believe in what your doing .

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                    The idea of a thread rising to the top when it receives a new post is to keep people up-to-date with replies to queries. .
                    I get that now....and yes where there have been issues raised its good to be alerted to the latest comment by repositioning at the top.
                    On the other hand from the perspective of people wanting to see new work posted its better to have the threads in the order they were started.
                    Which is the most appropriate mode?...I would wager that if we separated the posts where there is an issue/query to be discussed and ordered them as currently....from those that are just to 'share' which could be in order of original post it might be better...or maybe too confusing.... easy for me to say I know...
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Ian may well be on holiday or out of internet range ,his new g/f is Russian perhaps gone visiting ..we all need a break at times

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                        I get that now....and yes where there have been issues raised its good to be alerted to the latest comment by repositioning at the top.
                        On the other hand from the perspective of people wanting to see new work posted its better to have the threads in the order they were started.
                        Which is the most appropriate mode?...I would wager that if we separated the posts where there is an issue/query to be discussed and ordered them as currently....from those that are just to 'share' which could be in order of original post it might be better...or maybe too confusing.... easy for me to say I know...
                        I think what they were getting at is say, Member A puts up a picture, Member B makes a comment on it. Member C now puts up a picture that takes the top of the page, Member A then gives a thank you to Member B and is again top of the page. I can see their point, why give a Thank You for every single comment, just to top the page. I've done it myself without giving it any thought, in future when I post a picture I will give it four or five days then give my thanks for any comments - if there are any!
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                          I don`t post on here so much anymore , because I found a lot of people were enhancing , removing and over cropping and cloning stuff , especially in the wildlife sections . It makes the photos in MY opinion dishonest . For me a good deal of wildlife photography is in the patience skill and field craft to getting withing decent range , not photographing something 100 meters away and then cropping it a 100% or something to make it look like you were on top of it , as wildlife photography is my bag , I felt it pointless commenting , because I felt 90 % of the photos were / are a cheat . As for those who bump there own posts , why not just say thanks in advance for any comments , and just answer any critique that needs it . Just my own opinions , I don`t see why it would offend anyone unless you don`t believe in what your doing .
                          Nature photography is supposed to be 'straight'. In competitions it is expected that wildlife images will be unedited with the one exception of cropping. Cropping has always taken place the only difference is that we now use software rather than an enlarger. The reason cropping has always been accepted is that not everyone can afford an 800mm high quality lens. The essence is that the shot is not cloned, composite or similarly manipulated.
                          In other genres we have always had extensive manipulation. I used to layer negs to get effects, dodged, burned, tilted the enlarger head to straighten verticals etc. It used to take hours. Factual photography should be 'straight'. But one can argue that unless the shot was taken by a 50mm lens, no image is straight as any other focal length distorts reality.
                          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X