Getting colours in print to match on screen image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting colours in print to match on screen image

I am now trying to perfect my printing skills. Though I appreciate that the screen image and printed image cannot match, I at least want the colours to be similar.

I have a couple of Canon EOS bodies, the main one used is a 6D (Mk1). I used DPP, Lightroom and Photoshop. I have a reasonably good monitor in a Dell 27" Ultra HD 4K Monitor P2715Q. I have calibrated the monitor with a Datacolor Spyder 5 Express. I try to have consistent ambient light when i'm working, effectively a dark room. I print via a Canon Pixma TS8150 using Canon inks and Canon Pro-Platinum Glossy paper. In spite of all that I get a distinct shift to yellow on printing in colour and, in Black and White, I get a distinct blue caste. I normally print out of Lightroom. I use standard default settings for printing and set the paper for the correct type.

Any advice to improve or pointers to tutorials, etc.

Re: Getting colours in print to match on screen image

I think that what you need is a printer driver that is specific for your printer and paper.

Well done though for using the spider to calibrate the monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Getting colours in print to match on screen image

Originally posted by CardoCardo View Post
      I am now trying to perfect my printing skills. Though I appreciate that the screen image and printed image cannot match, I at least want the colours to be similar.

I have a couple of Canon EOS bodies, the main one used is a 6D (Mk1). I used DPP, Lightroom and Photoshop. I have a reasonably good monitor in a Dell 27" Ultra HD 4K Monitor P2715Q. I have calibrated the monitor with a Datacolor Spyder 5 Express. I try to have consistent ambient light when i'm working, effectively a dark room. I print via a Canon Pixma TS8150 using Canon inks and Canon Pro-Platinum Glossy paper. In spite of all that I get a distinct shift to yellow on printing in colour and, in Black and White, I get a distinct blue caste. I normally print out of Lightroom. I use standard default settings for printing and set the paper for the correct type.

Any advice to improve or pointers to tutorials, etc.
      Have a search for Robin Whalley on YouTube. He's just done a really good tutorial on getting your prints to match your screen in LR.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X