MPB advertEOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...a little bit of street

Default Re: ...a little bit of street

I have just googled Street Photography for a definition and it seems very much along your lines of observation of “what’s happening now” . Or painting the scene.... very much as you’ve written in your zen comments

I always end up wanting to get close up.... see the wrinkles......or get shapes/lines/patterns. So that probably means I miss the overall scene.

Still each to his or her own. I shall snap some more today and see if I can do the scene without my fingers always twitching over the zoom. My lens is the 18-200 so I do have options!

I like the thought of a challenge on street photography. But judging would be difficult.....who is to say??
    Canon 5d mk iv plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

I agree...competition judging would be difficult and I generally think Art and Competition don't mix well...

we already have a top level forum that mentions `street' but the sub forums inside don't.....so Im not sure where to post these...maybe that could be cleared up with admin so we have a proper focus on the subject.

At present its bit like having a general forum on 'things that fly' and no separate bird forum.......and that wouldn't go down well here.
    Canon EOS 5D MKIV, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L, 24mm f1.4L II, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm f2.8L macro, 85mm f1.8 USM
    Canon EOS 200D
    EF-S 10-18mm STM, EF-S 18-55mm STM, EF-S18-55mm IS II, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM, EF-S 35mm Macro STM, EF 50mm f1.8 STM

brianvickersphotography.com

Street photography needs to tell a story but can very easily just look like "snaps" so for me those that work well for the story are the guy asleep on the train and the first 3 of the second posting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12