What if it rains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if it rains?

Was out walking today & we had an unexpected heavy shower. Had my 7d2 with 150-600 Sigma attached, also had a waterproof bag, so that was okay. I believe both camera & lens are waterproof anyway, but what method should I use to dry the lot off, if I hadn’t my extra cover with me? Just a dry cloth or towel, might sound silly, but I have never been out & got a camera wet.

Re: What if it rains?

I use some kitchen roll to soak up most of the water, soft towels, microfiber ones after that, never had an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I always have a black bin liner with me, rolled tightly and taped to the camera strap, likewise I have another in the tube of my tripod. If the worse comes to the worse weather wise just put everything in the bin bag
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

After some particular horrendous downpours in Mull, I protected my gear as much as I could by holding it within my jacket. On my return I immediately bought one of these:

Colin

Comment

I bought another Vortex storm jacket HERE (to be fair though the old one has lasted over 8 years and it's user error that has damaged it) trust me - I shoot a LOT in the rain, often 8 > 10 hours at a time. I have the normal one in black (red yellow black on their site) as it is one piece, as well as the 'pro' version (Velcro along base so you can use tripod / monopod etc)

Another really cheap option - buy a cheap pair of waterproof trousers (with elastic ankles) and cut leg to length, roll up really small, def waterproof - added bonus is you get two of them.

.DAVID.
          Last edited by David Stallard; 10-06-2018, 07:47.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I have a lens cover similar to shown, for the body etc I carry these, so do not laugh

They stretch over the body if needed or smaller lenses, you can even keep your hair dry with them and as Stan mentioned, will work as temporary overshoes if needed, they also take up no room whatsoever. £2.99 for 100!
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Another really cheap option - buy a cheap pair of waterproof trousers (with elastic ankles) and cut leg to length, roll up really small, def waterproof - added bonus is you get two of them.
              And waterproof shorts.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
              X