One afternoon next week..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One afternoon next week..

One afternoon next week I'll be vising a local scenic area by the River Soar..TonyT probably knows it..the riverside area just off Bridge Street,Barrow on Soar.
    Usually a few pleasure boats moored there,plus a bend in the river,a good chance for me to try out various settings to experiment with what works,without being hurried.

I'll post a few of the results on the evening following the trip.

Roy

Re: One afternoon next week..

Will look forward to the results. As someone who still thinks of himself as a newbie two years into DSLR ownership I can only repeat the mantra of "practice, practice, practice". And then practice some more. But above all, have fun doing it.
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris,I know the area reasonably well,so I'll be comfortable in taking my time there.
      Added bonus is there are a couple of pubs very close by to nip into for a cold glass of Coke afterwards..

Roy

Comment

I meant to add;my"petal"hood fits both my lenses,the 55-250 came with a large standard shaped one,but I much prefer the petal one.

Using it at the tropical birdland place enabled me to get very close to the mesh on some of the enclosures,which I couldn't have done with the bigger one.

Roy

Comment

I meant to add;my"petal"hood fits both my lenses,the 55-250 came with a large standard shaped one,but I much prefer the petal one.
          hoods are specific to the particular lens and are designed to combat lens flare so only use the hood which is meant for the individual lens
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks for the info Stan,that's something new I've learnt.

Comment

Have fun Roy :) look forward to seeing them.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony,I will.

Incidentally,I take it you're aware of the Armed Forces Day parade on the 23rd?

Comment

No, I tend to avoid parades though having had to do a few when in the military, I have Hopped, Skipped and jumped through various cities, the worst being Basingstoke where the band at the front was playing a different beat to the band at the rear and those in the middle were skipping along trying to march to one or the other.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Fair enough,going on past performances for that parade,I'll probably get some shots of them forming up,and then get down to the saluting base for a few there and of the start of the march past with the Seaforth Highlanders band,and the first section of serving personnel.
                    The(usually)dis-jointed cadets performance is never good to watch,but I suppose it's a big occasion for them so..

Comment

I cannot knock Aircadets, keen as mustard and do the jobs people do not want too, like manning car parks etc at shows, they used to do summer camps at the various stations I served at.

Comment

Agree Tony, don't knock the cadets, many go on to be our future serving personal. I'm still very much involved with the Royal Marines and their cadets, you could not wish for a better bunch of young boys and girls. They are so proud when they parade in their uniform.

Brought back memories Tony - one band at the front, one at the back and all of hell in the middle of the parade!!!!!
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                        X