X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF70-300mm L IS not showing up on DPP?

Hi All,
    Hope somebody can help here.
    I've just bought an EF70-300mm f4-5.6 L IS USM Lens.
    Took some test shots to see how they looked at 70mm & 300mm etc.

After uploading the photo's to my PC i viewed them using DPP software and when i clicked on the 'Info' for each photo it told me all the usual stuff, Camera Model, Shooting Date, Focal Length etc, etc...but where it says 'Lens' it is just simply saying '70.0 - 300mm', no other info.

On every other photo i've ever taken, the info shows the complete lens model name, for example 'EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM'

Has anybody else come across this?
    I am using an old Canon EOS 30D camera, could it just be that the camera doesn't fully recognise which lens i'm using, as the lens was released sometime after my camera was made? Seems strange that it is recognising the focal range of the lens, but apparently not the actual lens model.

Bit stumped for an answer at the moment.
    Any advice welcome,
    Thanks,
    Dave

Re: EF70-300mm L IS not showing up on DPP?

Quick Update

Been in touch with Canon UK and from what i can gather from their reply, it is likely to be down to the old camera firmware not recognising the lens, due to respective ages of camera and lens ( as i was assuming it might be).
    Being that i've had my 30D for 11 years now, i think it might be time to get something more up to date.....80D looks tempting :-)

Comment

I’ve had a similar issue with Flickr. When i used my Tamron 150-600mm it told me the lens was a Tamron. But when i changed it to the Sigma 150-600mm it doesn’t say the lens is a Sigma. It just tells me what size it is. Very strange.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by snakeman4968 View Post
        Quick Update

Been in touch with Canon UK and from what i can gather from their reply, it is likely to be down to the old camera firmware not recognising the lens, due to respective ages of camera and lens ( as i was assuming it might be).
        Being that i've had my 30D for 11 years now, i think it might be time to get something more up to date.....80D looks tempting :-)
        "Strong" rumours going around that the 90D will appear later this year.
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - I have this lens combined with a 70D ... I see the lens reported as EF70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM (focal length used) with DPP, along with various lens corrections used.

Comment

Working...
          X