Good evening everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening everyone

With a name like Rankin I should be very good but unfortunately I'm a pretty mediocre beginner vaguely familiar with the basics of photography.
    I have an old EOS 10D and a slightly younger EOS 60D, a 75-300mm lens, a 50mm lens and a 24-105mm lens with a red ring on it.
    If I can get out a bit to practise I hope to put something up here for any criticism that may be helpful.
    Here's hoping.
    Gavin

Re: Good evening everyone

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum. I’m sure that you’ll find it a friendly place. Look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Welcome Gavin, do not worry if you think your images are not very good yet, people on here will help you and assist you to improve your photography skills, you are not the first and won't be the last in that predicament, we have ALL been through it. The lens with the Red ring on it incidentally is a "L lens" and part of Canons "Luxury" professional range.

If in doubt with anything just ask, we are all a nice bunch who are all here to improve our skill set.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Farider, TonyT & Supergeeman
          Gavin

Comment

You will learn a lot on here hard to digest it all, but put shots on here & the advice will come flowing. Welcome Gavin

Comment

Welcome Gavin - plenty of good advice here, passed on in a friendly way.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hello Gavin

Welcome to the forum, this is a very helpful and friendly place !
                Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Hi Gavin
                  Welcome to the forum,

Since I joined the forum very recently,I've had lots of good help and advice.

Comment

Daisy M, John Liddle, Lunarbo and The Nighthawk: Thank you so much
                    I'm sure I will have lots of questions to ask.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Gavin
                      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Hi, Welcome to the Forum, what line of photography are you into - Landscape, Wildlife etc. etc.
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks 2Beers and Trev B
                          Re what line of photography I'm in: don't really have any special things as only just getting into gear - literally.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. After years away from photography my first DSLR was a 60D (still use it some of the time).

Looking back at some of those first images and later ones after the friendly advice on here and it's easy to see how things progressed.

You'll find comments on here constructive even if they seem a bit critical at times. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thank you antoeknee

Hopefully will dare to put something up for comments/help soon

Gavin

Comment

Working...
                              X