Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison

I am trying to decide which camera to use at Bempton this week, so I did a quick comparison shot of the same subject from both the 7dmk2 and 5Dmkiii. Still not sure, LOL.

Dunnock 7Dmk2 by Carol Leather, on Flickr

Dunnock on fence by Carol Leather, on Flickr
    Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Re: Comparison

Putting aside that there is more light on the 5D3 shot there's not much to choose between sharpness....but the bokeh is better on the 7D2.
    I assume that you had to use a longer focal length to get the same framing when using the 5D3 which is perplexing as that should produce a shallower DoF and potentially better bokeh. Unless these are different lenses as well or different backgrounds?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I used the 100-400mm for both shots, from the same position, but the bird was a little further along the fence for the 7d2 shot so yes, a different background.
      Last edited by Carol; 19-06-2018, 14:02.
      Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

Interesting...f6.3 on the 7D2 produced better background than the 5D3 and f5.6....just shows what difference the closeness of the background makes........I'd have the same dilemma regarding which combination to use!
        I'd say the 7D2 for the extra crop factor.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

When I looked at them, the 7DMKII image jumped out as my pick

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X