Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 From today at Barrow upon Soar,Leicestershire - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From today at Barrow upon Soar,Leicestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From today at Barrow upon Soar,Leicestershire

Here are the ones I took today at Barrow upon Soar,the others are in my Flickr album..
    IMG_0166 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0155 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0006 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0036 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    C+C welcome
    I should add that out of over 100 taken,I only got eight keepers,must learn to take better landscapes!
    Last edited by Guest; 20-06-2018, 22:46.

Re: From today at Barrow upon Soar,Leicestershire

Like the first one best, just a shame the boat intrudes on the right but can’t do much about that without getting wet! The B&W crop looks squint to me but only looking on phone and could be the new glasses!!
    Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew I'll check the B&W one in LR to see if it needs straightening.
      The first one is the only angle I could get.
      Last edited by Guest; 21-06-2018, 07:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
        Like the first one best, just a shame the boat intrudes on the right but can’t do much about that without getting wet! The B&W crop looks squint to me but only looking on phone and could be the new glasses!!
        Roy
        I agree with Andrews comments above, I also suspect (based on the vertical pole between the foreground boats) that the last one requires a bit of clockwise rotation.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I've got another scenic outing today and will strive to do better..

Comment

Peter,according to LR there is no correction available(?)Everything was taken in RAW.Andrew,it's the same for the B&W crop.
            Last edited by Guest; 21-06-2018, 08:52.

Comment

I'm not an expert on Lightroom but I'd be very surprised if such a basic tool at straightening isn't available. As I'm not at home I can't check but IIRC even the basic Adobe Camera Raw in CS3 has it. Look for a ruler icon or something in the menu called rotate or arbitrary rotation. Failing that open the image in DPP and select the crop option which also allows you to rotate the image as well as crop it (if required).

Speaking of cropping the boats can be removed from the first pic...

Untitled.jpg
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

In Lightroom you select the crop tool then put the mouse outside the box then hold down the left button and rotate to turn the image IIRC

Last edited by TonyT; 21-06-2018, 15:39.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks chaps,that's something new I've learnt.Just copying 235 shots from today's visit to Thornton reservoir..

Comment

Looking forward to seeing them, never visited there, remember water does not flow down hill so get the water level and you will be fine :)

BTW that crop Nigel did helps the image as it sets the structure off to one side and makes it more pleasing to look at.
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

To correct verticals/horizontals in LR

When you're in develop mode, click the crop overlay tool. Then click the spirt level icon on the new panel. Then draw a line on something that should be vertical/horizontal. The correction will be applied then press enter to accept.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Tony;I can now straighten images in LR in the way you described thanks.
                        antoeknee;just seen your reply,it's something for me to try out thanks.

Comment

Both straightened using the method Tony described,are they any better?
                          IMG_0155-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                          IMG_0036-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Comment

Much better Roy.
                            Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X