Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhue Lighthouse

Following on from my last thread "Setting Sun over the Summer Isle" LINK
    I've just processed another image from that shoot. This time my goal was to concentrate more on the lighthouse itself but to still retain the Summer Isle and setting sun background. To do so I switched to my 70-200 lens to compress the scene.
    As always I would welcome your thoughts and comments.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Rhue Lighthouse

The lighthouse, sky and sunset are great but I'm not so sure you need all that foreground as it's quite light at the bottom an pictures don't always work well sitting on a light base, especially when the upper half is quite dark. Also there's not a lot of significant interest there either. I had a bit of a play and I think you could make a rather fine square image from the upper half alone.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Another great image Peter. Agree with Nigel about the square crop. Scrolling the image down on the phone screen to the rocks makes a big difference.
      Last edited by Birdy; 21-06-2018, 13:33.
      Andrew

Comment

Rhue Lighthouse

Cheers Andrew and Nigel for looking and commenting.
        I did do a bit of dodging on the foreground to lift the shadows, maybe a little to much, I shall revisit my processing and also look at the square crop suggestion. Thanks again [emoji106]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

very nice colours but agree too much foreground, chop off 2/3 and you have a better composition and the lighthouse is still around the third
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Lovely.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I'm playing catch up with my reviews so much of what I'd have said has been said already. Nice scene, great colours, crop some foreground as there are some nice diagonal lead-ins from the left. Still nice though

Cheers,
              John

Comment

It's a beautifully colored image Peter, looking at it on Flickr the slight problem for me is that the horizon is in the middle of the photo, giving equal time to both the sky and the land. Moving it up or down a little would make it a much stronger composition IMO.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X