Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 No comments on a post of mine - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No comments on a post of mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comments on a post of mine

I realise of course that it's not obligatory to leave comments and critiques on other members posts,but given that I'm still very much a learner with DSLR photography,and that C&C help and encourage me in my quest to learn,I was surprised,given there had been several viewings of my last post of Armed Forces day,not to have received any,also,people had said they were looking forward to seeing my efforts from that event.

I have now deleted the thread,and will be hesitant re posting any more,and just keeping to asking for advice instead.

Just a point of view,not intended to cause trouble or plead for comments etc.
    Last edited by Guest; 25-06-2018, 15:31.

Re: No comments on a post of mine

Sorry Roy but this comes across as something of a throwing one's toys out of the pram scenario. Since you have deleted the thread I now have no opportunity to look at the pictures and comment nor to even know how long it had been up.

The forum isn't as busy as it once was and and as I understand it search engines and other crawler 'bots on the web can sometimes register as views even through no human was involved.

You put the pictures up to be viewed and perhaps they have been viewed but not by anyone who felt able or moved to comment, hardly a reason to take them down I feel...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel,I'm happy to leave it at that,apologies for any bad feelings caused.I'll continue to post new images in the future

IMG_0213 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
      Last edited by Guest; 25-06-2018, 16:03.

Comment

I find this quite unbelievable you deleted your post because you had no replies. As previously mentioned - its throwing ones toys out of the pram.
        I did look at your pictures, but I don't comment on every post, only ones that fall into my interest bracket - Wildlife mainly. Military is very much out of favour with me at the moment, although I'm not allowed to go into details.
        Recently I posted a picture in the animal section, it had quite a few views but only one comment - I don't throw a wobbly and take it down. A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a Roe Deer it had 110 views and no comments ( I hope I hold the record!) - so what, 110 members looked at my picture, that's good, I'm pleased they took the trouble to look.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Points taken Trev.
          I'll be visiting our local heritage railway this Saturday,and will be happy now to post a sample of images and to leave them up.

Comment

the shot looks well exposed but the angle you have chosen makes it look like the bagpipe is growing out of his head - something to watch for the future

also if you want proper critique, although there is no forum rule, it is best just to post a single picture rather than half a dozen as you are more likely to get considered critique rather than "nice set, my favourite is number 100 "

PS - you think i am joking, in fact on another forum not so long ago, a new member literally posted 100 shots on a thread and asked for critique !!!!!
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan I'll bear all those points in mind.

Comment

Its a nice picture Roy, I can't comment further than that because I know very little about Portrait Photography - I did not even noticed the bagpipe growing out of his head. However I do agree with Stan on people posting multiple images - two at the most I say.
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Thanks Trev,it's one of my favourites from the day,the angle was awkward due to some more of the band being in front of me,if I'd moved then I don't think I'd have got such an un-posed shot.

My actual favourite of the day is this one,because I know him personally,he was a beat bobby in the 1970s in Leicester when I worked in town at a large nightclub.He's currently Chairman of the County Council,a really nice chap.We had a chat after the parade and he remembered me,which made my day..
                  IMG_0033 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                  Last edited by Guest; 25-06-2018, 20:18.

Comment

always going to be a problem at this sort of event to get a clear shot of your subject. On this one the subject is sharp and loads of detail, hair, beard etc but the oof guy behind tends to draw the eye as does the bright highlight below his neck
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

We had a debate about the absence of comments a few weeks ago.....and its something that happens to us all. I am guilty of posting too many pictures....but I do get views. If I want critique I do specifically ask....as per my pre-wedding shots tonight.....(dont feel obliged by the way).
                      I think when just viewing an image at least a thumbs up in recognition is not too much trouble.....viewing without at least leaving an emoji is like being blanked in the street when you offered a good morning.

The bagpipe shot is good....I'd just offer that it might have been better in the blowing part of the cycle rather than intake to make it more dynamic....just a question of timing.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Stan,the guy behind is the Lord Mayor,they were sharing the saluting base along with a few others.
                        Did you mean the bright highlight on the subject or on the Mayor?Easily sorted in LR though..
                        Here's a blowing cycle one
                        IMG_0156 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                        I looked at your pre-wedding ones Brian,personally I'd pleased with them if they were for me.
                        Last edited by Guest; 25-06-2018, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                          We had a debate about the absence of comments a few weeks ago.....and its something that happens to us all. I am guilty of posting too many pictures....but I do get views. If I want critique I do specifically ask....as per my pre-wedding shots tonight.....(dont feel obliged by the way).
                          I think when just viewing an image at least a thumbs up in recognition is not too much trouble.....viewing without at least leaving an emoji is like being blanked in the street when you offered a good morning.

The bagpipe shot is good....I'd just offer that it might have been better in the blowing part of the cycle rather than intake to make it more dynamic....just a question of timing.
                          I do give comments if its within my interest area. However I've stopped giving Thank You's on my own postings when I get comments, preferring to waiting four or five days then do a general Thank you. I don't see the point in giving Thank You's after every comment. I know some do to enable their picture to stay at the of the page. Does it matter if your picture is at the top or for or five down.
                          Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I haven't had a chance to see them, I do try to comment.
                            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

All from the day are on the above link Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X