The Misty Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Misty Isle

Two more from a recent visit to Skye. The were taken the same afternoon as the second image in my recent Uig two ways post. At times I couldn't see the Quiraing the mist was really thick but the wind was blowing it across the scene.

As always your thoughts/comments/suggestions are most welcome.

#1 A portrait version

#2 A Landscape version with a lone sheep (as opposed to a lone tree) included in the foreground for a bit of added interest

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: The Misty Isle

Very nice indeed and both tick my boxes Of the two I probably prefer the landscape as it is a, uh, landscape photograph yet still feel there is suficient height in the image that makes the portrait version work. The portrait also seems to have better light.

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Couple of nice images of one of my favourite walks on Skye. Along with the Storr a walk we do everytime we visit. Will be there later in the year and plan to walk Blaven weather permitting.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

You had some really good light here and it shows in the result. Of the two I just prefer the portrait shot but there's a little too much sky for me. I often find the 3:2 format is often too 'tall' for landscape work and in this case I'd be inclined to lose 10-15% of the top.

Still pictures though.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Hard time picking a favorite as I like both of them. Nicely done Peter

Tom

Comment

Fabulous light and super colour....I definitely like the portrait best of the two.
            (maybe crop the little rim of foreground grass from the bottom - I don't think there is enough of it to add more depth but my eye still gets distracted by it - also a tad more clarity to the rocks foreground left perhaps)
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
              Fabulous light and super colour....I definitely like the portrait best of the two.
              I am with Brian on this. Lovely images
              Andrew

Comment

Both excellent Peter.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions gents
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Lovely shots Peter, it's all about the quality of light.

Going by the shots you have posted recently, I strongly suspect you have a few packets of "Special Light" tucked away in your camera bag!
                    Colin

Comment

It's always good to see how others see the familiar scenes on Skye as it gives me ideas.

Two great shots of what I sometimes think of a not overly interesting views, maybe I'm never there at the right time.

I think that lone sheep is a bit of a regular in the area getting into everyone's pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X