Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Room 6 problem

Been racking my brain with no avail.
    I have light room 6 stand alone which has been working OK. This week I went to import some pics and at first OK light room loaded up on my MAC Inserted card into reader all OK Previews all loaded up pressed the import button and up pops Import unsuccessful as cannot read card.
    So I reverted to APERTURE 3 which I still have on my MAC, loaded card pressed the but and Hey Presto all the pics loaded.
    For the life of me cannot find out why light room won't work.
    Can any one HELP please.
    Ray

Re: Light Room 6 problem

That’s intriguing...no ideas sorry
    Have you tried a different card
    Can you now export from aperture to desktop and then import to lightroom?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I think I have eventually cracked it.
      Loaded pics on to desktop then reformatted card in camera ( think previously must have formatted via desktop. can't see why that made a difference)
      Then I reloaded pics back onto card from desktop then imported to lightroom. All seems to work now.
      So the card must have been incorrectly formatted.
      So note to self Format in camera in future.
      Ray

Comment

Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Defo good idea to format in camera, actually same with lots of devices like dash cams etc.

Personally I always copy images into a folder on the hard drive then import from there.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Working...
          X