Faro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faro

Not been on here for some considerable time due both my wife and I being ill.

One of my first street photography attempts in Faro. First pic is how I shot it, but decided to crop the photo to separate the dozing guy from the couple.

Faro Street by Ian Wilkinson, on Flickr

Nodded off by Ian Wilkinson, on Flickr

I'm sorry by Ian Wilkinson, on Flickr
    Canon 70D; Canon 500D; Sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 DG OS HSM C; Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM C; Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM; Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM; Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM; Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS; Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS; Canon Speedlite 430EXII; Yongnuo YN14EX Macro Ring Lite; Canon Powershot SX40HS

Ian

Re: Faro

Two for one Ian, that arrangement works for me as it has given you two strong images [emoji23]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The crops are working well. Nice set Ian

Tom

Comment

Agreed and one hopes you are both back in health.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

excellent street photography

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks for your comments - I think the separate crops are best. They were taken using the Sigma 18-300 lens which I had recently bought -I'm pleased with it so far.

I'm much better thank you Tony, but we have found that my wife has a genetic condition which causes the body to absorb too much iron (Haemochromatosis). She has to have regular blood tests now and as the iron levels rise she has to have venesections to bring the levels down again. In extreme cases it can cause organ damage - fortunately she hasn't reached such high iron levels but the condition is still rather debilitating at times.
            Canon 70D; Canon 500D; Sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 DG OS HSM C; Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM C; Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM; Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM; Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM; Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS; Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS; Canon Speedlite 430EXII; Yongnuo YN14EX Macro Ring Lite; Canon Powershot SX40HS

Ian

Comment

Crops work well and for me the dozing guy is the stronger of the images.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I'm probably not really qualified to give criticism but while both crops give strong images I think if you were to crop a little slither more from the left side of the second image you could remove the edge of the window and also the very bottom edge of the sleeper's bench leg.

Gavin

Comment

Ian, I'm going to go against the flow here and say I think the combined is better than the two crops. They are ok individually but don't tell any stories, but together I think they do. It makes it more obvious that the couple are crammed on a single seater while the single guy has more room. Is this why she is staring at him? And is the young guy in pain or asleep too? If asleep there's a contrast in style. I would, however, take it off the square by cropping up to the line at the bottom. I want to further help the shape by taking the top down to get rid of the 'Confie na Caixa' words but that doesn't quite work somehow, you end up too close in.
                  Just my two penn'orth.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Agree crops work well, well spotted.
                    Agree with Gavin that a little bit more off the left would improve them.
                    Andrew

Comment

Good work....I can see the point for cropping and keeping together...its good you included all three options here. we can all read different scenarios here as Alex had read a scenario I'd not thought of.
                      The guy on his own is simply a sleepy guy and that's the story....the couple on the other hand depicts real despair....of is he just a bit tired.
                      I like it!
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

All three work for me and some real tragedy seems to be coming from the young man who appears to be being comforted. Yes, great street photography but a bit more care over the cropping needed. I like them

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments - very much appreciated. They have encouraged me to try some more street photography.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                          X