EOS 760D - why HDR only for video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 760D - why HDR only for video?

Since 2 months I am happy with a used EOS 760D in a very good state. I came from the EOS 600D and am glad about much more options and flexibility. Now I saw the HDR-option in the video settings and after some recordings I saw: nothing! I wonder, if it works at all. Ok, a little bit brighter in the shadows, but nothing else. And so I ask you, did you know, why there is no menu for HDR in the photo settings? Does anybody know if magic lantern supports the HDR-option in a better way?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

Re: EOS 760D - why HDR only for video?

I believe you have to choose the SCN option on the main dial, then use the Quick control dial and select HDR Backlight Control. Don't expect miracles though, for best HDR results you need to take 3 (or more) images with your own choice of settings, then use software to merge them and apply appropriate settings.

Magic Lantern has not been developed for the 760d.
    Last edited by Richard W; 30-06-2018, 10:38.
    EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
      I believe you have to choose the SCN option on the main dial, then use the Quick control dial and select HDR Backlight Control. Don't expect miracles though, for best HDR results you need to take 3 (or more) images with your own choice of settings, then use software to merge them and apply appropriate settings.

Magic Lantern has not been developed for the 760d.
      Wonderful. Thank you! That was it - the scene dial function. Good hided :)
      Now, please allow me the next question - why should I merge 3 pictures if the camera do it itself - that was my impression after seeing the result.

Nice day to all :)

Comment

Originally posted by sahnebacke View Post
        Wonderful. Thank you! That was it - the scene dial function. Good hided :)
        Now, please allow me the next question - why should I merge 3 pictures if the camera do it itself - that was my impression after seeing the result.

Nice day to all :)
        Because the camera does not keep the 3 original images, just the final HDR image. Also the final camera image is a jpeg, so the tweaking you can do is minimal compared to the raw files. But if your not into raw file editing, and the camera’s HDR function meets your needs then that is ok as well

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X